This was EXACTLY what I needed to contain all of my sewing materials neatly and compactly. I noticed in other reviews that prices were significantly cheaper than what I paid but, the current going price for this is $60 more on other sites (Amazon). Walmart has it the cheapest at $139. The box was delivered to my doorstep and, although quite heavy my husband was able to get it upstairs with not too much difficulty. Otherwise, I put the entire thing together on my own and, I will mention that I have a broken finger so my right hand is in a cast. It probably took me about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and I'm sure would have been faster if not for my injury. The directions were very simple, clear , and easy-to-follow with clear pictures. It says not to use a power drill as a screwdriver but, given my hand situation that was essential for me to be able to put this together.
Observations about this item:
– It is sturdy and attractive
– it is basically particleboard with a coating so you have to be careful not to split or damage the surface. I had two places where a screw or nail did a little damage. Fortunately, these were minor and in the inside back and are not visible.
-Definitely put this together on the open box or a carpet so that you don't scratch the surface.
-definitely put the flap on while the cart is upside down rather than on its side as the directions indicate. It will be much easier to get it lined up this way, especially if you are doing it yourself.
– I found that I was able to get the two doors flush with one another but it required a little bit of playing around loosening the screws to the hinges to move them into place. But, this was a very easy solution and they were only off by about a 16th of an inch in the first place.
Two very small criticisms:
– I found the magnets to be weak so the doors do not stay shut when you're moving the cart. I think I'm going to go to Home Depot and see if I can't find a stronger one for the latches.
– Also, I found that some of the stickers that indicate what piece is what were difficult to peel off and stuck to the surface. With a little scrubbing and Windex they did come off but, it was a little irritating (of course these were all the ones where it was stuck to the visible outside surface).
I'm attaching two pictures one open and one closed. I was really pleased that I could fit two baskets on the shelves on the right cabinet and, my sewing machine (in the case) fits on the shelf in the knee hole.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.