Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
4 reviews | 3.8 out of 5
I am impressed with the quality of the bed. It looks great, it is very solid-no squeaks. It was easy to assemble. Looks much more expensive than it was. Overall, extremely satisfied with this purchase.
I chose to have shipped site to store, it's great because you save on shipping costs! When I arrived to the store the people were so helpful. They even helped me load the 89lb. head/footboard onto my luggage rack! This platform bed was so easy, all you need is a screwdriver (it's easier with a screwgun), and an allen wrench that is provided in the packaging. I did it all by myself and it took me about 10-15 min. to put together! All of the pieces are solid wood, not composite. The quality and style is so great for the price. So now it is time to buy the end tables and dresser that match!
Pretty easy to assemble, but the bars on the foot board were not in the bottom slots so it was defective, can't really tell unless you look closely, so decided to keep it anyways, because to exchange the footboard is a real pain.
Shopping for this bed was quite a trip for me. I came across the bed doing searches for platform beds. There were rave reviews. In short, I'm okay with the purchase.
1. First, I don't understand why this is at $399 for a king size bed and http://www.walmart.com/ip/Modus-Furniture-International-Nevis-Espresso-Platform-Bed/12569973 is about $200 more! Same bed, but with added support to slats. Doesn't really justify an additional $200. The product is worth $400.
2. Bed has a minimalistic design. It's good, but reviews had set my expectations higher.
3. Quality is good. Wood and feels very sturdy.
4. Assembly is relatively easy. Took me about an hour, just by myself. Instruction quality could be improved. Holes in slats did not line up with pilot holes on railing. Could never get it right. Had to improvise. I suggest having help. Especially when attaching the railing. I almost broke it.
5. Shipping comes in 3 boxes. Shipping is expensive. I did a site to store and picked it up myself. Box 1 - Head board and foot board. For this, I needed a pickup truck. Box 2 - Slats. Box 3 - Railing and slat support. Boxes 2 and 3 may fit in a mini van. (maynot be a comfortable fit).
6. Packaging is bad and needs to be better atleast for the headboard/footboard box. The footboard arrived with a huge crack that cannot be ignored. Walmart sent me a replacement headboard and footboard on the condition that I return the original pair. They paid UPS to pick it up from my house.
Hope this helps... and sellers, if you read this, please have better packaging for the headboard/footboard box.