Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
65 reviews | 3.8 out of 5
This product does everything it claims to do and I've been using it on a daily basis for about two months now with no major complaints.
A few considerations for potential buyers...
1) The color scheme... it looks nice on MY bike because I've got a Schwinn and the red color matches my frame perfectly. If your bike is different then you may want to get a speedometer with a more neutral color scheme (grey/black).
2) The wire ties used to attach the thing to the bike are the generic WHITE type. If you've got black shocks then a trip to the hardware store might be a good idea. Wire ties are cheap (about $2 for 100) and black ties are much less noticeable.
3) When setting this up, be sure to read the manual. Specifically, the value that you need to enter for your proper wheel size requires some math. Basically, you need the circumference of your wheel in millimeters. Measure the diameter of your wheel and then multiply by 3.1416 (PI Have this information ready BEFORE you turn it on for the first time, because it will ask you.
4) Have the unit in hand and keep an eye on it when you install the sensor & magnet on your fork & spokes. As close to the center of the wheel is better. Also be careful not to get the magnet TOO close to the sensor, as you don't want them banging against each other while you're riding. You want it just close enough to pick up a reading and no closer than that.
Features of Note:
1) There is an odometer to track your mileage and a trip-meter. The trip-meter can be reset but the odometer stays that way until you have to change the battery - at which point you can set the odometer back to the actual mileage IF you've got a record of it someplace. Nice if you want to know just how many miles you've logged on your new bike... okay not just "nice" but handy for maintenance purposes too... just how long has it been before you repacked the bearings in your axles?
The main reason I didn't give a five-star rating is because the magnet part that attaches to the spokes could have been made a little bit better. That and a few extra wire ties just in case something got attached in the wrong place - with the six ties provided there is really no room for error.
There are few items in life that come with the warrenty this little gem does.
Having looked at the ages of the reviewers and the responses (I'm the far side of 65)it's quite obvious we 'boomers' arn't as up on techno speak as our kids and grandkids.
Harris Cyclery .com has a great page on mm sizing for bike rims which should get everyone thru the setting up of the computor (yep..it IS a computor)
700 series wheels are 622mm
27" are 630mm
26" between 580 and 587mm
All I wanted was something that accurately read out the speed and distance and time.
This baby does all that.
Color me happy:o)
OK. First of all, I really love this product for the price. You will NOT be disappointed, I am having a blast with it. It also comes in a monochromatic black color if you don't like the red.
OK. Two big tips to ensure you will be happy. Number one: As others have previously stated, YOU MUST add a bit of glue to the magnet on the spoke or it will fall off and you will lose it. This magnet has to be on the spoke nice and secure. Number two: The operating instructions are WRONG. If you want to reset your trip distance or trip time, the instructions say to hold down both buttons for three seconds. THIS WILL RESET EVERYTHING, INCLUDING ODOMETER, WHEEL SPECS AND CLOCK! Instead, just hold the LEFT button down for three seconds to reset just what you want to.
All in all, for $11, it's pretty killer.
Been using it for over a week now.
Works great, accurate and helpful. Display is visible even in bright sun. Shows MPH, and distance. Easy to set up. Great price
The installation instuctions are terrible and you will have to go out and purchase all new zip ties. The ties that came with the unit were so brittle they broke in my hands when I tried to use them. Fortunately I had some on hand and used those. The instructions do not tell you where to place the sensor on the wheel. Follow the advice in the other reviews and you will do just fine. It seems to be accurate, but you will have to work with it for a while.
great to keep time im pedaling distance, speed, and speed im traveling.plus distance,in mile or km.
I have had it for a couple of weeks now, just under 200 miles. Was easy to set up and does what it should. To reset the trip you have to hold the left button by itself for 3 seconds. was cheaper online than in the store.
I bought this to use on a dirtbike that just happened to have a 24 inch wheel. It works great. It looks nothing like the picture Though.
It was very easy to set up and the instructions were somewhat helpful. Really like the tie it gives you because you can undo them!. Overall a good product in the lower price range.
Easy to install. The odometer is accurate, I drove my car over a 4.5 mile route that I take on my bike ride and the odometer had the same 4.5 mile reading. The speedometer also seems to be accurate. I read some reviews about the device not being accurate, I suspect this is caused by the faulty reset function. In order to reset the odometer you have to press both buttons and hold for 3 seconds. Problem is, this also resets the wheel value to the default. If the wheel value is not set correctly the device will not be accurate. You get what you pay for and this device was only $12.00 so I am happy with it. I just don't reset it.
I just wanted to know how far I biked, so I looked at price and good reviews. This Bell fit the bill and it works great. It was fairly easy to install, but I have installed 4 or 5 of them from different manufacturers on family bikes over the last few years. On a measured mile it was accurate to within 15 feet so no complaints there. It shows speed also and that's about all I cared about but it has other features. The display is clear also. For about $12 it deserves a very good rating.
Easy to use, easy to install. Works great!
The price was in my budget. Seems to work fine. The installation was easy, however, a few of the ties to hold unit on broke. Luckily we had some others on hand.
PROS: Good product, easy to install, easy to set-up, easy to use
CONS: Product doesn't look anything like what they picture
The Bell Dashboard 100 is all I expected. It is easy to clear out and start a new trip.
It can come off holder if not locked in. I am very satisfied for the money.
The price was great, installation was easy, and it functions perfectly.
Provides all the functions necessary and can easily be adapted for use on a golf cart; however, cutting (the easy part) and splicing (the hardest part) the fine wires from the sensor to the display requires due diligence with regard to inline splices using solder or mechanical splices.
For only about $13 this thing is great.
-fairly easy to set up and install.
-pretty darn accurate (provided you type the correct rim diameter in)
-wish there was a better way to reset things like the odometer (when you reset this it resets everything)
-if the battery dies you lose all stored info but I believe you can reenter old data
For what it's worth, this thing is awesome. It obviously isn't anything special and lacks some cool features and ease of use but hey it $13 what can you expect. Obviously a $60 one would be far superior but they all work fundamentally the same, meaning an expensive one isn't even more accurate than a cheap one if your rim size isn't correct. This little guy has all the basics and would work for most people.
This is my first review. It does what I wanted. The reason I didn't give higher marks. Are as follows. 1.) display is smaller than I would have liked 2.) directions are also written small. Other than that works as it should. Just for peoples info I am 53 years old. And use this daily.
The screen should be larger and easier to read.
I wanted something that would track my miles and have a trip odometer to track each trip separately. You can't reset the trip odometer without resetting everything.