I bought my HP G56 laptop on Black Friday. I was on low budget and although this laptop was not the first one on my list, given my situation that night, it was the best one actually. I mainly use laptops for:
4. Various documents This laptop turned out to be good:
1. No problem accessing internet and Farmville
2. Light and portable. It's not netbook or MacBook Air level portability, but for a laptop this size, it's light I feel.
3. Big screen for watching movies and editing documents
4. Good enough design for me
5. Good sound
6. Display rotation. The display can actually rotate 90, 180, 270 degrees.
7. TouchPad size. Its big enough for me to grab a card from one end to drop it at the other end when playing full screen sized Spider Solitaire. The things that I was disappointed at:
1. TouchPad. Whenever I have my left hand close to the space bar, the touchpad also senses my left hand's movement as well. So the mouse suddenly moves when I don't want it to.
2. I'm more used to the elevated classic keyboard type. The flat keyboard is something that I'll have to get used to. Plus, there are extra buttons on the left. I keep hitting that instead of the shift button and it's annoying me.
3. No memory card slot. Although I don't mind it as much because I have an external memory card slot USB that I bought when I bought my camera, some people might have to be aware of this. Even my Compaq laptop that I bought in 2007 had a memory card slot.
4. Wait time. The laptop takes extra about 3 seconds than other laptops I used in the past when loading a new program.
5. TouchPad won't scroll horizontally. I found this out when I had my dispay rotated. It will scroll vertically, but not horizontally.
6. Needless slot for a webcam. I don't understand why, maybe other HP laptops that use the same frame have a webcam installed, but there is an empty slot on top of the screen for a webcam. It gave me a false hope when I first opened my laptop. For a laptop that I bought for $298, I feel that it worth its money.
Was this review helpful? (46) (3)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.