Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
82 reviews | 4.6 out of 5
Better than my expectations. 1st auto-ranging multimeter I've owned ,and I'm impressed. Compares favorably with the VERY expensive Fluke meters I use at work. Price makes this an obvious choice... look no further.
This meter seems very accurate. Its the first meter I have ever owned that actually reads zero on the ohms scale when you touch the leads together.
It seems well built and has very nice leads. Might be a little slow switching ranges but not overly slow.
Excellent product for the money. Easy to use.
this meter will do fine for most people. very good price. don't worry that the display acts weird when probes are not taking a reading. it is auto-ranging, so it is looking for a voltage at all times. recommended.
It even has the audible beep for continuity testing, not usually found on lower priced meters!
i went to walmart store and saw the price was like 25 dollars i wanted to read some reviews about it so i used the walmart app to scan its barcode by doing that i found out the price at walmart.com was about 15 dollars. thats a big difference, i purchased online had to wait like 3 hours for to receive an email that the product was ready for pick up. i went an got it, used to measure a few different batteries and it worked fine for like 2 days then i tried a different set of batteries and the green lights that indicate if its good with a green light amber its ok and red it doesnt work, well those lights dont work anymore. but at least i can read the voltage in the screen. no problem with that.
The first two terminals from left to right are shorted with a wire. This might cause a fire at your home !!!
BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS !!!
This DM replaced a Radio Shack DM that was less than a year old. The Equus 3320 is about half the cost and it WORKS. I like the "no hands" feature which the R/S unit did not have. I've been using multimeters for over 30 years.
I purchased this yesterday to replace my super cheap meter that replaced my $400 Fluke that was stolen long ago. The need for a better multimeter has been pressing lately but funds are low. So I decided to try this one out.
Whilst considering my review, particularly the negative points, please be sure to explore others as well. Many users seem to have had a considerably better experience than I did.
1. Great features and price point.
2. Device had a good feel and seemed very solid. Considerably better than I expected for this price point. The curved body feels good in my hand and was easy to securely hold. The rubber armor on the corners seems to offer reasonable protection in case it is dropped.
3. Everything seemed fine at first during initial testing. I especially liked the battery check function with the LED indicators. Whilst one can easily read the voltage and decide if a given battery is good, it is nice to be lazy at times and look at the LEDS quickly.
4. Continuity tone is clear and distinct. Continuity testing is quick as well.
5. Range/function selector knob is crisp, easy to turn (able to be turned one handed as well), and has distinct points. I was not able to accidentally stop between points.
6. The test probes were quality and had the ratings printed on them, again, unexpected for this price point.
7. The bench stand was solid and stable. Additionally, the elastic strap is also a nice addition.
8. The inclusion of the places to mount/store the probes on the side is a nice feature.
1. Battery testing function LEDs worked only twice. (on a 1.5v AA and a 9V). After that the voltage readings appeared correct, but the three LEDs did not indicate the condition at all. The only time the LEDs would light from this point was when turning to the function for the first time. The green LED would flash momentarily.
2. Included "Golden Power" batteries were weak. I replaced them with my own and tested them. One had 1.1V and the other 0.9V.
3. 10A input is unfused. However, this is not really unexpected or truly bad for a multimeter of this price point.
4. DC voltage readings seem to be unsteady and slow to lock. AC was faster and more stable.
Overall I would recommend this meter of the occasional user or hobbyist.
It is very likely that I simply received a bad meter and that overall most of them properly function and are reliable. However, I returned it and exchanged it for a different brand, which I shall review separately. I would have exchanged for an identical Equus 3320, however, there were no others in stock.
Incidentally, that meter was not functional at all, so I returned it and exchanged it for an identical model.
I give an "excellent" rating to all the rating criteria because everything from product browsing, descriptions & specs, purchasing, to shipping speed & cost was positive. No negatives or caveats. BTW, the Equus 3320 multimeter is the only multimeter on the market that is flexible enough, simple enough, AND inexpensive enough to use solely as an all purpose, all variety battery tester - from 1.5V button batteries to 12 and 24V vehicle batteries. All other battery testers are either much more limiting and/or difficult to use and read, or much more expensive. I got it for my in-laws to use so it has to be easy to use. And, of course, it is a multimeter and can thus be used for more than just battery testing. Hopefully the product longevity will be good also. So far I consider the product to be very good.
The dark green and red settings markers on the body are really hard to read. Even when I'm inside and holding it directly under a lamp I have trouble reading them, let alone in a darker area. For what it does, it could also be lighter and smaller. Once I get the voltage selected it shows readings that seem to make make sense.
The meter is great for the casual DIY person. I use it a lot to test batteries which does a drain test, not just voltage, to measure the POWER left in the battery. the other ranges work as expected and I am very happy with the purchase / price.
I lost my 20 yrs old multimeter. Replace it with this one and I like it. That is all that I need to check my batteries voltage, continuity and resistance at home. Good value for the money so far. Maybe it wont last 20 yrs, but, that is Ok.
This meter is well built and comes with input covers as well as test lead covers to protect the leads and the auto ranging feature is a very nice touch. I use a multi function tool like this on a regular basis and the last one I had was not auto ranging and even as often as I use this tool I forgot to dial in the correct voltage and smoked the meter, so auto ranging is a good idea no matter how often you use the tool.
fully funtional product that is easy to understand and operate. The battery test feature is a definite plus.
IT IS NOT A SIMPSON OR A FLUKE BUT NEITHER IS THE PRICE. FOR THE MONEY IT IS A VERY GOOD PRODUCT AND VERY EASY TO USE.
This was a great buy. A great product that is easy to use, looks great and does everything that I need for my projects.
The only gripe that I had was that there seems to be some sort of coating on the metal probes. This hinders testing and measurements until it is removed.
I bought the digital meter to use on my daughters dryer and figured it would be useful in other places as well. It worked out GREAT!!!! It was real easy to read and use. I love it.
Have used it about a dozen times since purchase about two weeks ago. Very easy to use and the view screen is easy to read. Very nice meter for the price.
Would recommend this great product to anyone and very affordable