I wanted to like the X100, it looks nice, but looks are deceiving. I bought this from a nations chain online. I returned it within a day.
• Looks great, nice design.
• Bundled with remote, HDMI cords, USB cord..etc.
• Nice weight and easy to hold.
• Over exposed video no matter what setting (outdoors sunlight)
• Not mac compatible, but I worked around it.
• Bundled software (windows only) is filled of trial software offers and no instructions and is useless
I have never bought a Toshiba product before, after some debating on buying, I dove in.
First day I had it I shot some 720p video outside in bright sunlight. You would think that it would be ideal, but when I uploaded the video, I was shocked. Over exposed areas of sunlight on grass areas, white washed pavement. I went through every setting and the same thing. I even pointed the camcorder to bright areas and allowed the aperture to adjust, but it seemed to do little once I moved. As for battery life, I did not have it long enough to see. I have a 7 year old hybrid camera that can deal with high contrast areas better than the x100. Maybe I got a faulty camcorder, but I am seeing more reviews that express that the video images are over exposed.