Hello, Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
27 reviews | 4.3 out of 5
We received this game as well as a second set of sensors to play two player. I have had the game for about a month and here is what I have found so far. The Good:
* Lots of different workouts make for great variety. Some are short, some are longer so they make it easy to get a workout several times per week.
* With the accessory pack it's a lot of fun to play with 2 people. You really push each other and make it easier to work yourself to the limit.
* In the biking it gives a really fun way to do squats
* Kickboxing is a BLAST
* Tracks everything online so you can get a lot of info about how you are doing from your computer instead of having to log into the game (when it works, see below). The Bad:
* Once you pick a trainer, no way to change it.
* My spouse started playing before I realized we even had the game at the house and was on my PSN profile since that's what auto-logs in on our machine. Once we realized all the data was stored under me because it uses PSN profiles instead of in-game profiles we wanted to get rid of the data and start over but there is no way to do that.
* The sensors have some serious lag. Quite often I have to stand in a pose for several seconds before it recognizes that I'm there which at times is rather painful (reverse situps hurt like crazy sitting there for 10 seconds while it's deciding that I'm actually there) and at others are just annoying.
* We have 2 different profiles playing here, mine connects to the EAS active 2 website to upload my data just fine, but my husbands won't connect at all. He has been working with the technical support at EA for about 3 weeks now and after going over the same steps over and over (they kept trying to blame it on my home network, then on my firewall, then on random routers on the internet dropping packets) they finally came down to "the website part is beta and we don't offer support for products that are still in beta. Yeah, nice that a feature that is listed all over the box, in the documentation, and inside the game itself is still "beat" without being listed that way and is hit and miss at best. Great work there EA! *rolls eyes*
* If you are playing 2 player only the person logged into the PS3 gets the saved workout. It does track the calories lost and everything, but won't count toward your workouts toward the 9 week challenge.
* For the 9 week challenge you have to workout 4 days a week minimum. Each workout for that challenge is about 30+ minutes so makes it a little more difficult to complete those (I missed quite a few of the workouts in that). You are also less likely to be consistent where you are required to do the 30 minute workouts so often.
* Lag between workouts is rather annoying. Heart rate drops quite a bit while just standing there waiting for the next one to load. Overall, I really like the game. Everything works in game great (other than some lag in sensors) and I really enjoy playing it. If you are some insane health nut (do P90X, marathons, etc) then this probably isn't going to be some earth shattering workout for you... but the rest of us it seems to do a great job with. Even with those in shape I think if you added some heavy ankle weights, some wrist weights, and used free weights instead of the stretchy bands you would still get a decent workout though.
I love it. I purchased it on Dec. 7, 2010 and received it in the store on Dec. 10, 2010. I have lost 16 pounds. I use it 5 days a week.
This is a wonderful product that will really work you out, I am a Certified Fitness Trainer and I just wanted to see what exercises this software was capable of doing, and I was really surprised how I was sweating, it was fun and I really like how the software show your calories and monitor your heart rate, which is very important. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is trying to lose weight and can't afford a personal trainer, or can't get to a gym, you will get a real good work-out and yes you will feel the pain the next day! I had fun!!
The value is incridible. This video has a great variety of workouts and it really keeps me and my husband motivated to work out. The sensors are great because it doesn't allow you to cheat and therefore it let's you stay focused and motivated. My husband and me love it, we do it 3-5 times a week. In 3 weeks, I lost 6 lbs, no diet pills or anything, of course a descent diet. We have seen great results. We love it!! We would recommend it.
I bought this for the ps3 and the sensors work great. I felt the calories it says I burn ( usaully around 300 per 30 minute workout ) is more accurate than a treadmill with there built in ones. I was a little skeptic at first but man did I work up a sweat. For 80 buck less than 2 months at a gym I have found my self on a routine for working out. Now if they would make some more games to go along with it that would be great. would love to do some just straight up playing basket ball and shooting and what not.
is easy to navigate..really good workout thtat really help on the cardio
I've got four children ages 17-14-11-9 and all of them are using this its cool
if you like simply running in place have at it..games are boring and dont work well with sensors..the actual elastic band used for working muscles NEVER worked once forcing me to fast forward through exercises each time since the sensors wouldnt pick up any movement.
I bought this because I liked the idea of the heart rate monitor. Fisrt of all if you want to use this for 2 people or more you must create an entire new PS3 profile. Not just a profile in the game because the game only allows for 1 user unless you buy 2 sets of the game. It is very difficult to navigate thru the screens and you spend more time trying to do that than anything. You can't go back and edit things. Once you did something its there unless you delete the ps3 profile. Also it asked you for your email and your password to your email. Why do I need to give it my email's password? If they will take this back I am returning it. If not its going on ebay.
it does everything it says and then some. you can chose ur trainner or work out with your own custom work out. my wife loves to work out with this. u can put ur own music on there and it has 3 different levels so no matter how fit or not fit u are u can customize it to you. you can even customize ur avatar to look a lot like you on there. change the clothes hair etc... Does make you work and is good for you.
If you really push yourself this is a really great workout. I had the Wii version at first but had problems with it so I returned it. I am very pleased with the PS3 version.
When I had first bought this I expected it to intense ans I was blown away by how much it works your body and the variety of exercises that they put you through although I have only had it for two days I am already sore all over this is way better that going to the gym.
I bought this months ago for double the price (from Kmarty) and used it yesterday for the first time. I LOVE IT! i am purchasing a second set so my husband can exercise with me and be tracked as well. $18 is well worth it! My 10 year old and 2 1/2 year old exercised along with us too.
Works great for low impact or hardcore exercising.
Great workout tool. No joke it really gets you moving.
I purchased this product hoping that it'll get me back on track. and guess what, it has. it has a heart rate monitor on left hand,right hand monitor and right leg monitor. the excersize goes bet. 25-30 minutes. gets me sweating! great product all coming from my ps3!
Is a great workout that makes you work hard and get your heart rate up without totally draining your energy
I bought this while it was on sale, and I am more than pleased with it. The exercises are fun, and there are so many to choose from. The premade programs and workouts are great as well as the ability to make your own workouts. The sensors disconnect very rarely for me, and the only issue I really have with it is the heart rate monitor reads considerably lower calories burned than my New Balance N4 heart rate monitor. But since I have the New Balance HRM it's really not that big of a deal. All in all i would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is new to exercise or still at a beginner to intermediate level.
it is a great game, exercises really work, however, the first set i received had a defective right arm sensor, i had to take it back to the store for an exchange. second set has been working great so far, have had it for 5 days now with no issues...
This product makes working out fun to the point that you almost forget that your working out. You'll get caught up in trying to block soccer balls from getting past you, shooting basketballs, sprinting against other runners, bike jumping over cliffs, etc. Using the trainers workout routine will give you a full body workout but you can feel free to customize your own routine as well once you find workouts you enjoy doing. I find two big downsides to this product. One is you can only use one player at a time. To allow an entirely different person play, you have to log out of your PS3 username and log in as that other person so it keeps track of their own progress. The other downside is that the system sometimes doesnt pick up all of your movements. You could definitely be doing the routine and the system will treat you as though you're just standing there doing nothing or like you're struggling to get thru the exercise. Both of these can be annoying but so far doesnt deter you from enjoying the experience overall.