TEAC HD-1 is a step up from iHome7. 10/10/2010
Customer review by NetShopperJF
4.0 stars 10/10/2010 by NetShopperJF
We purchased the TEAC HD-1 because we wanted to receive our favorite radio station. Significant improvements in functionality of the TEAC HD-1:
1) Great reception, and the clarity of HD radio.
2) Aux input can be used without interfering with iPod or alarm clock functions. This is a great feature because it can be used as a laptop/DVD player sound system and obviates the need for an additional audio system in the room.
3) Controls are a bit nicer.
4) The display dimmer function is nicer, although some have remarked that low is still bright. There is a simple workaround for that, which is to turn the display off entirely.
5) Sound quality seems better. Some of the HD-1 drawbacks that people have mentioned don't really bother us:
1) Clock is not shown whilst radio is playing.
2) Can't go backward on the presets. Since we only listen to one radio station this really isn't a problem. Another workaround would be to program a smaller number of presets in cycles.
3) Some reviews mention that it occasionally loses the correct time. We've been using it for 2 weeks and that hasn't happened.
4) The volume resets whenever you use the Sleep timer. That's a nuisance, but you can easily lower the volume.
5) The maximum volume is not that loud. But it is plenty loud enough for listening in bed and using it as an alarm clock.
Was this review helpful? (1) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.
Would recommend to a friend? Yes
Age:45 - 54
Ownership:2 - 7 weeks