Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
46 reviews | 4.8 out of 5
This small unit puts out great sound for its size and is a BIG improvement over the clock radios of the past. After listening to a few radio stations in HD, it's painful to go back to analog radio. I highly recommend it, if you live in an area that brodcasts several radio station in HD!
I was very happy with this HD radio as I will be able to continue to listen to classical music whne KFUO is shut down. I did read reviews on what people liked and didn't like about the radio, as I am in my 80's i was worried about getting it set up right. Doing a step at a time I did it in one short afternoon. The sound is good and the battery back up will save a lot of re-programing in electrical storms.
more local FM channels accessability with clear sound, and the ability to tag favorite songs to be downloaded later from iTunes.
1. Good reception and sounds;
2. Good price
1. Clock needs to be adjusted using both remote and a on device key;
2. To get a preset staion, one needs to push the preset button repeatedly. For example, if you're listning to preset 2 and want to switch to preset 1, you need to push the button 19 times to get it;
3. Cannot remember the last sleep setting. Always start with 120 minutes and current volume.
I've only played with it for one day, so let me know if you have a way to resolve above cons. Otherwise we have to wait for TEAC eenginering to improve in next generation.
I listen to the radio night and day-always have one on -keeps me company. This one has good sound and more stations than on my other radios.
Very nice lots of feature love the HD radio. Only complaint is the clock doesn't display when radio is playing and it would be nice if the presets scanned backwards as well.
We purchased the TEAC HD-1 because we wanted to receive our favorite radio station. Significant improvements in functionality of the TEAC HD-1:
1) Great reception, and the clarity of HD radio.
2) Aux input can be used without interfering with iPod or alarm clock functions. This is a great feature because it can be used as a laptop/DVD player sound system and obviates the need for an additional audio system in the room.
3) Controls are a bit nicer.
4) The display dimmer function is nicer, although some have remarked that low is still bright. There is a simple workaround for that, which is to turn the display off entirely.
5) Sound quality seems better.
Some of the HD-1 drawbacks that people have mentioned don't really bother us:
1) Clock is not shown whilst radio is playing.
2) Can't go backward on the presets. Since we only listen to one radio station this really isn't a problem. Another workaround would be to program a smaller number of presets in cycles.
3) Some reviews mention that it occasionally loses the correct time. We've been using it for 2 weeks and that hasn't happened.
4) The volume resets whenever you use the Sleep timer. That's a nuisance, but you can easily lower the volume.
5) The maximum volume is not that loud. But it is plenty loud enough for listening in bed and using it as an alarm clock.
I'll be brief- I've returned this as I was hoping for something to compete against the XM/Serius Pay per Listen channels and this is not much better then your plain radio- only a couple of HD channels came in with the inc antenna. As a result it was returned to the store.
The high-fidelity stereo audio is without static and puts out crystal-clear sound.
This is an amazing clock-radio with many features.
I can choose to wake up in the morning 3 ways; either to the radio, or my iPod, or to a traditional buzzer.The dock lets me charge my iPod while sleeping and wakes me up to my favorite music.
Very stylish, compact with clear and powerful sound.
This is my fourth HD radio. I'm a jazz fan and WGUC HD-2 in Cincinnati has jazz 24/7 so I wanted them all over the house. The price was right, delivery was quick, and it works great.
High-tech looks, and performance. Wow! This is a little gem.
A great modern-look addition to my office that puts out great sound.
Big sound ou of such lttle box! I love this clock/radio/ipod player.
Bought this docking station to charge my iPhone and listen to Pandora radio at the same time. Easy set up and operation..great sound for such a small radio. Sleek looking and the remote makes it easy to operate from anywhere in the room.
This is a very nice item. It was as exactly as was described. Teac made a nice product withthis one.
I had done quite a bit of research on HD radios that also had an iPod dock. There was not a large choice but for the price, this works very well for me.
I do not use this as an alarm but instead as a radio/iPod player for my home office. For that, it is perfect. It is larger than any alarm clock but that is alright since it sits on a table. It is a good looking radio too. The sound is excellent, the remote is very good and it charges my iPod when not in use.
I had seen reviews complaining about the time arbitrarily changing but I have not had that happen to me. We lost power and I was glad this had the batter backup.
It has excellent sound, I love the tagging feature on the radio.
We like country music. We found that there is a country music station on Long Island 97.5 HD2. This is perfect. We get the music we like. We can charge, tag songs and listen to our ipods. There is a dual alarm (it is loud!). It comes with a remote. We are very pleased.