* The rooms are excellent. I love that the screened-in porch has a floor and can double as an actual room. We used it to keep all of our stuff in, and put a rug in front of the door divider to keep the sand and dirt out of our "sleeping" room.
* You can easily fit 2 queen beds in the back room, and at least a queen and a twin in the front room.
* The tent is easy to set up. My husband set it up by himself, but needed a little help with the rainfly because the tent is so tall.
* It's huge inside! We are both about 5' 7" and have to stand on our tippy toes to tie the flashlight to the ceiling! The screened room is shorter though, our heads rub the ceiling in there. Not a big deal.
* This isn't a reason to buy a tent, but aesthetically it is a really, really cool tent:) It's very big and it's a lot of fun to sit in the back room and just marvel at how cool and "housey" the tent looks. Cons:
* Because the windows don't zip at the top like a previous reviewer posted, it can get very cold in there! We were actually thinking about returning the tent because of how freezing cold we were, but couldn't find anything else we liked better in this price range. We even put a ceramic heater in the room, zipped ourselves into the back room (which doesn't matter because the rainfly gapes open and lets all kinds of air in at the top - great for hot weather, not great for the cold!) and cuddled together and we were still freezing! Plan on bringing extra blankets!
* The inverted "T" front door is a really, really dumb design. Because all three zippers have to meet in the middle at the bottom, there's always a tiny hole, just big enough to let a mosquito in. Also, our two bonehead dogs figured out immediately that all they had to do was push their noses on this spot and they were free as birds. So we had to keep them in "our" room with us, which pretty much defeated the whole point of getting a 2-room tent. (Although it's occurring to me now that a twisty tie might have solved that problem...)
* There's only one door. I wish there was at least a cooler access or something in the back of the tent because we had to run the power cord through the front door and it was annoying to have the cord in the way. All in all, I like the tent. It works perfectly for our small family (2 adults, 2 small kids, 2 dogs). We have slept in it a total of 3 nights, and all three of those nights the temperature dropped into the 50's and we were freezing cold. I do feel confident though that in hot weather, the tent will let in plenty of air and it will not be stifling or anything.
Was this review helpful? (42) (2)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.