The Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen blu-ray is nothing short of spectacular. The picture and sound are top notch. I was one of those kids who grew up watching Transformers and playing with all the cool transformer toys. I was thrilled when the first live Transformers movie came out a few years back. I was just as excited to see the new Transformers Revenge of The Fallen movie, but was a little worried after reading some pretty bad reviews. I don't know whats up with all the haters and critics who hate this movie. Oh well, all that matters is that I enjoyed it, and many Transformers fans will enjoy it as well. After seeing the new Transformers movie I can say the critics are wrong, this movie was awesome! The entire original cast is back which plays a huge part of this movies success. The movie takes off where the last one left off. Starscream (now the leader of the Decepticons) decides to return to earth from Cybertron to revive the Decepticon leader Megatron. After the Autobots discover Megatron has been revived and is now seeking revenge, Optimus Prime tries to get Sam to help them stop Megatron once and for all. This new movie is even more action packed than the first, and if you're a fan of Transformers you will most likely love this new movie. This is now one of the best looking blu-rays to date. This Walmart edition is similar to the IMAX Dark Knight edition, with a few fight scenes that fill up your entire TV, but other than that there's not much difference. I personally prefer this edition because it is as close to what the director intended. There is no doubt that this will be the one of if not the biggest selling blu-ray to date. With the new PS3 slim and top notch release like this, I believe this is the movie to finally take blu-ray to the mainstream.
As an added bonus, the Blu-ray will include an exclusive interactive feature that gives viewers the ability to customize their own robot characters and get a glimpse at a rogue robot. Out of all the available permutations, one will unlock an exclusive interview with Michael Bay about his plans for the next adventure.
Two-Disc Special Edition DVD & Blu-ray:
The TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen specs below
The Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles. The disc breakdown is as follows:
* Commentary by Michael Bay, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman
* The Human Factor: Exacting Revenge of the Fallen--This multi-chapter documentary chronicles the entire creation of the film and includes interviews with the cast and crew:
o Seeds of Vengeance - Development and Design - After the overwhelming success of 2007's Transformers, how do the filmmakers top themselves for the sequel?
o Domestic Destruction - Production: United States - Michael Bay believes in going big: Big action and big explosions. Cast and crew are pushed to the limit as they traverse the U.S. from New Mexico to Pennsylvania.
o Joint Operations - Production: Military - No other filmmaker in the world enjoys the kind of military access and cooperation Michael Bay has. Here we see just how efficient our armed forces are and the awe and respect shown by the cast.
o Wonders of the World - Production: Middle East - You can't really reproduce Egypt anywhere but Egypt so off we go to Giza and Luxor.
o Start Making Sense - Editing - In order to turn over the massive amount of film as quickly as possible to VFX, four editors work tirelessly in a unique tag-team approach to shape the film.
o Under the Gun - Visual Effects - Revenge of the Fallen features the most complicated VFX in film history. So complicated in fact that the filmmakers were unsure they would make the deadline. The DEVASTATOR VFX alone required 83% of ILM's total render farm capacity.
o Running the Gauntlet - Post-Production and Release - Working seven days a week, Michael Bay and company usher the film through sound design, Digital Intermediate color-timing and a globe-trotting whirlwind of premieres.
* A Day with Bay: Tokyo--An intimate and fun all-access journey with Michael Bay as he travels to Tokyo, Japan for the world premiere of the biggest film of the year.
* 25 Years of TRANSFORMERS--Access an all-new featurette celebrating a monumental milestone for one of Hasbro's most successful and popular franchises.
* NEST: Transformer Data-Hub--Explore conceptual artwork created by the production for 12 of the most popular AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS from the film.
* Deconstructing Visual Bayhem with Commentary by Pre-Vis Supervisor Steve Yamamoto-- A series of multi-angle pre-visualization sequences allowing viewers to learn how some of the film's most spectacular scenes were created with an introduction by Michael Bay.
* Extended Scenes
* Music Video: Linkin Park's "New Divide"
* The ALLSPARK Experiment--Viewers get their chance to unleash the power of the recently recovered ALLSPARK shard on Earth vehicles. Begin by selecting and customizing a vehicle with a selection of parts and accessories. Then apply the ALLSPARK to this creation and watch what happens. Applying the ALLSPARK to certain custom combinations enables four new robot characters with special powers. If viewers discover all four, they unlock a fifth vehicle, which reveals a top secret message about the future of the TRANSFORMERS movie franchise.
* NEST: Transformer Data-Hub--A database of some of the TRANSFORMERS characters that appear in the new film, offering users access to each robot's confidential file including:
o Innovative 3D spin galleries of each robot
o A timeline for each TRANSFORMERS character charting its origins, back story and design evolution from toys to animated series to comics and finally feature films
* Giant Effing Movie - A very personal look at the making of the movie.
* The Matrix of Marketing--An archive of the film's promotional media including trailers, posters and television
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.