Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
11 reviews | 4.7 out of 5
I have been waiting for this cd since obssed came out and i absolutely love it.
This album is a 'slow-burner' which gets better after every listen.
1. Betcha Gon' Know (The Prologue): I think one of the most distinct qualities about this entire album are the lyrics, which are some of the quirkier ones out there, "For real, for real, 20/20 Barbra Walters for real..." just as one example. To the point, this opening song is fabulous with some dark undertones dealing with relationships. 10/10
2. Obsessed: A song about an 'obsessed' stalker. Mariah claimed that this song was inspired by a line in the film Mean Girls where one of the girls mentions, "why you so obsessed with me?" and had nothing to do with her spat with Eminem. Anyway, the song has sassy lyrics and a catchy beat, the auto-tuned vocals might be a turn-off for some. 8/10
3. HATEU: A song about being hurt in a relationship and just waiting for the day when you can learn to hate that individual. The song has some of the most relatable lyrics in the album and features quite a bit of Mariah's falsetto. 9/10
4. Candy Bling: Difficult to describe this song, very breezy, yet tinted in sadness. A stand out. 10/10
5. Ribbon: Finally a song that doesn't have such a depressing theme! This song grows on you and features a deep synthesized male voice singing, "Ribbon on my mind". 8/10
6. Inseparable: A song about a likely upcoming breakup. Again, great lyrics. 8/10
7. Standing O': Outstanding lyrics in this somewhat uptempo, sarcastic number. 9/10
8. It's a Wrap: A sassy slow number with just the greatest vibe and lyrical content ever. 10/10
9. Up Out My Face: Some of the craziest lyrics yet in this bouncy diss number, "If we were two lego blocks even the whole Harvard University graduating class of 2010 couldn't put us back together again, when I break". This isn't the Nicki Minaj collaboration version she later released. 9/10
10. Up Out My Face (The Reprise): Just a conclusion of the last song, featuring lots of trumpeting. The song is less than a minute long, so I won't add it to the ratings.
11. More than Just Friends: If there is a track that doesn't get enough recognition on this album this is it. A somewhat mushy (lyrically) though still classy and vocally impressive tune. 9/10
12. The Impossible: Continuation of the same theme as the previous song; she describes in every way just how much she loves 'him'. 8/10
13. Impossible (The Reprise): A very subdued ending to the previous song.
14. Angel (The Prelude): Lots of Whistle notes in this beautiful 1 minute prelude.
15. Angels Cry: Classic (almost) Mariah ballad about longing for another. 10/10
16. Languishing (The Interlude): Nice interlude that weaves seamlessly in between the final songs.
17. I Want to Know What Love Is: A lovely cover of Foreigner's 1984 hit. 9/10
There are also 4 bouncy Obsessed remixes which are fun, but don't really add much to the album.
Some of the songs that I really wanted, did not have the featured artists singing them. For example, "Angels Cry" didn't have Ne-Yo on there:(....other than that, its Mariah!!! She never disappoints!
Excellent CD Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel I've enjoyed lisening to it. She did it again she's got another hit. I would recommend this CD to family and friends. If you enjoy Mariah Carey's Music you will love it too.
I love this cd. I use it to do my workouts with and to listen to while doing house work. Relaxing and worth every penny. Mariah is a great singer.
tis was a great gift for a family member he was very pleased
I've been a HUGE fan of Mariah's since her debut album, and although I have loved all of her work, I have to say that THIS CD is my favorite on of hers yet! I like the stlye of the songs on her latest endeavor and feel like she's finally found her niche! I would reccomend this CD to anyone who loves POP/R&B music!
Go get this cd its AMAZING. This whole album is beautiful songs that make u feel good when u listen. This is a feel good alabum.
I love Mariah and I got this cd 2days after I placed the order.
Yes she may have made her first single off this cd as an comeback to Em's dissing song, but the rest of this CD shys away from that as soon as you hit number three. Mariah is back! And if you are a true fan and have been sticking through with her from Eman of MiMi to E=MC2 then this is your reward. Only exception of this is "Up out my Face" but thats just one song.
she done better