Hello, Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
1 review | 2 out of 5
This product did not quite measure up. This was the first time buying an online product with no reviews. I tool the risk based on the picture. It appeared to be pretty solid. I made the decision to go for it. It arrived earlier than promised without incident. Upon opening the box, I saw that the parts were sort of jumbled together without much padded material to protect it, mostly everything in plastic bags. There were no scratches, but some parts were a bit discolored. It appeared that there may have been some rust that was painted over at some of the joints. I laid it all out and read the directions, mostly observed the matching parts with the diagrams. It took me about an hour to put together using two wrenches. It would have been easier with a socket wrench. The assembly was pretty straight forward with some parts pre-assembled. Be care ful when tightening down cushions to the metal bars as the netting material on back will tear if you accidently hit while turning the nut and bolt.
I was dissapointed with this purchase for a few reasons:
1. It was missing a nut, strike one, not a deal breaker, but not inspiring confidence.
2. padding material of cheap quaility, seams are glued together and separating. I expect to replace soon.
3. The level bar lowering device sometimes does not line up when lowering to level poisition. You have to guide it back in to sit properly. This also applies when raising and lowering the seat. The 2 notches that are used to seat the adjustment bar for the seat are awkward and the higher level does not raise high enough to anchor down the body when performing incline bench. In addition, the cover on the padded back and seat cause a person to slip forward and can be dangerous when handling heavy weights while in the incline position.
4. There is a larger than expected gap between the seat cushion and back upper pad. This is uncomfortable as your bottom tend to slid into the gap if not careful. The manufactuter should have closed the space more. I have to say that most annoying part is the slippery nature of the back and seat cushion. I have to place an additional towel or non stick pad there to avoid slipping down. Again, the bottom seat pad offers no resistance and needs to be set at a higher angle to be more effective.
5. My gym set up is on berber carpet, but the wheels are hard to roll. I have to raise the unit extremly high to move effectively. The wheels should have been made larger. 6. You must also use caution when setting the seat to level position as there are only two settings. If you miss the lower bar the the seat will rest on the bottom bar and scratch the surface as I learned while trying to get used to the set up. Th positive for this machine is that it feels secure and stable when using. I can handle heavy weights without feeling any wobble or shakiness. I feel the price point is too high for the quality of the padding and the lack of proper fit with the latching mechanisms. In my opinion the machine is worth maybe $149 not $269. I just happened by chance to check out the Valor Website and saw the exact same unit selling for $249. I'm not sure if that includes shipping, but when I contacted Wayfair to ask if the would match price, I got no response. So given all of these circumstances, I feel the 2 star rating is justified.