Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
12 reviews | 3.7 out of 5
This basket is the real deal woven natural material basket. If that is the look you need, this is it. The release is easy and quick and it has a handle. You can take it off the bicycle and bring it for shopping so that you don't buy too much and can't carry it all home. Attractive, functional.
There are some shortcomings from a functional standpoint:
1) the mounting hardware is not solid. The plastic parts break easily and eventually, you will have to find another way to mount the basket to your handlebars.
2) the basket mounts too high on the handlebars for flashlights. So, if you have a flashlight mounted on your handlebars, it will interfere with this basket
3) The basket will not last long. No fault of the basket construction, but any basket mounted on the front of the bike is going to get banged around a lot. Wicker baskets USED TO BE CHEAP, so they worked well for bashing up and replacing. Metal wire baskets last longer not only because they don't break like wicker, but you can pound them back into shape when they get bent. You might consider a steel mesh basket OR buy wicker baskets at your local thrift store for a buck and strap them to the handlebars like they did in the old days. When they get bashed up, toss it and put on another buck-basket.
4) Not for heavy loads like books or a backpack. Good for a bottle of water, camera, loaf of bread, Toto, etc.
5) Basket tends to fall off of the mounting (as in fall onto the street) when you hit big bumps... like if you go over a railroad crossing, etc.
this basket is horrible! i had it fpr about a week, and one day on my way to school i had by bag in it wich containd a simple text book and a note book and in the middle of my ride the basket collapsed! not only was it a waste of money and a hude embarrasment!
i bought a wire one and have had it for about a month and use it everyday and even thoug the dark colors arnt atractive it is much better than this one!
even thou this one may be "sooo cute" it works great!
like they say- dont judge a book by its cover!
Just what I was looking for you. The basket has a release mechanism and handle so you can take it with you. If you like the retro look you won't be disappointed. It seems to be pretty sturdy would definitely recommend
This basket is really pretty and goes well on my Schwinn Point Breeze bike. The construction seems sturdy, it is roomy enough to bring home purchases from the store, and can be taken off the bike and carried by the handle when shopping. It will work really well when we're on vacation and bike everywhere instead of using the car.
Awful. Instructions left a lot to be desired for mounting. Came with all screws in and when I opened one fell out. It would not screw in at all. Bigger than I thought. Not dark like picture. Returned the day I received it.
I love it. I had hoped it would be a darker wicker.
A real classic sturdy basket! I love it and it fits great with my style bike!