I purchased this bed for my 14 yr old daughter. She previously was in a bunk bed and loves the top. She wanted to futon on the bottom to do homework, read and be able to have a friend stay over. As for putting it together... I have assembled lots of furniture and consider myself an expert at it. Even I struggled with it. Here are my issues:
1) The directions tell you in step 2 that the label is in a specific area - it was not. When assembling - MAKE SURE part G and H (and U and H) have the ladder holes for part F lined up.
2) Step 9 tells you to add the cross bars (J and K) while the side (A/B) is on the floor. You would need 2 more adults to hold them so they don't bend in order to stand it up. With the help of another, I added one bar to side A/B, then attached that bar to side C/D - all while standing.
3# It tells you to assemble parts O before you add parts E. I did not do that, I added the side rails #J and K as noted above# first so I could access them standing in the bed to tighten them. I will say I felt I should have attached E and J together BEFORE attaching them to the sides - this is similar to putting H and I together first. So I did step 9, 10, 13, 14, 11, 12.
4# Be sure to have the holes on P/Q and N/S facing up in the center for the stabilizer bars #T).
5) Put the pads #part 6) on AFTER you assemble to futon. This way you could line them up to the bars. I made the mistake of adding them first and need to buy new ones.
6) The mechanism to move the futon is a little squeaky and does not lock fully. I'm not sure what to do with that other than WD40. I may email the company to see if they are supposed to lock when the futon is completely flat.
7) See below for missing/broken parts.
8) Pricing - I think it could have been a little less - maybe $249 total. Missing/Broken parts.
1) Part S - metal handle was bent and cracked.
2) Part O - missing one bar.
** I assembled everything I could. Luckily the loft bed was able to be used as I left the last bar open. The futon could not be used, but I was able to add the top 1/2 of the assembly.
** Once I was done, I emailed the company on their site. It was VERY easy to do. They did require a picture of the broken part. I ordered on Sunday evening and the new parts arrive on Wed. I think that was relatively fast for replacement parts.
>>> When I received part S, the holes to combine it to N did not line up. I had to file the holes to get them to fit. Thankfully, I have a Dremel! Overall, the bed is well designed and very sturdy. Originally, I was going to give 4 stars for a few minor things. However after writing this I can only give 3 stars since there were too many little issues that added up. I would give the Customer Service 5 stars.
Was this review helpful? (4) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.