I purchased this camcorder so that I could create videos for my websites. I was disappointed in only one thing, and that is that I thought I was getting the model that also had built in memory.
Despite that, however, I am very happy with this little camera and am not sorry that I accidentally bought the wrong one, although I'll eventually have to get the other since it has more memory. But this will do quite nicely in the meanwhile.
Some of the features I really like:
1. media versatility: I can use rewritable or non rewritable discs, and I can go back and forth between disc and memory stick.
2. light sensor: This camcorder doesn't need a light, it can "see" in the dark real nice! And if you're aiming the thing at a window with bright light coming in, it adjusts nicely. Great night shots!
3. incredible zoom feature!
4. high definition. Well, I don't like this feature if the camera is pointed at me, though. Otherwise it's great!
5. I like that I can take still shots or moving - and both seem clear enough for the purposes of which I bought the camcorder in the first place, although for formal still shots I'd recommend a different camera, but for casual pics, this works great!
6. The sound on this thing is incredible - very clear. The mic is more sensitive than I thought it would be, it picks up quite well, which is impressive.
I like that it came with a battery and you can charge the battery in the camera, you don't need a separate charger.
For long term storage, I recommend removing the battery from the camera, and storing it separately. Also I'd recommend purchasing extra batteries and a battery charger just for extra power, but the battery seems to last a while and keeps a good charge.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.