Easy to install, maintain, and change batteries. 5/2/2012
Customer review by belle140
5.0 stars 5/2/2012 by belle140
I've had this detector for 2 years and I've changed the batteries every fall. Not a difficult task since the attachment ring stays on the wall and you just twist to remove the detector. I've hit the test button once a year to make sure it was still working since thankfully it never went off. A couple of nights ago, I closed the damper on my chimney when I went to bed, thinking that the glowing embers weren't a big deal. Well at midnight, the alarm was screeching "ATTENTION! CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTED!" I have to to say, the beeps before the verbal alert were starting to wake me, but those words brought clarity to me instantly and I was up and out of bed opening windows! I reset the alarm and then had to go to the website to look at the manual to see what to do next. This is a great alarm for the money, and definately saves lives!
Was this review helpful? (54) (22)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.
Would recommend to a friend? Yes
Age:35 - 44
Ownership:Longer than one year