- Space-saving, cool bed kids will love
- "Hiding space" behind drawers for kids to play
- Good, deep storage space behind the door
- Large amount of shelf space
- Large drawers
- Convenient desk storage when not in use
- Strong steel construction for mattress support
- Bed is structurally strong
- Takes hours to setup. Instructions are not 100% accurate. Took 6 hours for the first, but the second took a little less than 4. (Yes, I bought two.)
- Changing sheets is a pain as outside bars are not removable. I have to reach to the inside and pull the mattress so it stands up and then change the sheets. Or, I just remove the whole mattress. I guess you can also climb in and change them while you're on top. Not too difficult, but takes more effort regardless of how you choose to do it.
- Heavy and hard to move. That can be a good thing, but if you feel like changing the location of the bed within your room, you should have some muscle handy.
- Bed is not designed for desk/storage to be interchangeable. Pieces come with pre-drilled holes, so if you wanted to change them around, you'd have to do some modifications.
- From the pictures, it looks like the bed sits on the drawers, but it doesn't. Steel frame sits about one inch above the top of the drawers. Bed is really supported by only four large bolts, one in each end of the rails. The rails are connected by 40+ cross bars separated by roughly 3 inches, so there's good support for the mattress.
- Drawers, shelf, and storage closet are all connected to one end of the bed. When moving the bed, you have to be careful when lifting the side that is not connected (desk side).
- Shipping boxes are long and heavy. I think about 8ft+ from what I remember. Three boxes per bed; two are long, one is short.
Final Comments: Even though there's some inconvenience with changing the sheets, it's all worth it because the kids love their bed. The bed is perfect for small rooms, and I have no regrets whatsoever. The assembly can be a nightmare, so I would suggest you give yourself plenty of time, even it means doing it over several days. I spaced out the job and did about three hours a day after work.
Other bedroom sets I looked at costed a lot more for the bed, desk, and dresser. Obviously, the three drawers won't be enough room, but if you have a closet, you can invest in the plastic storage drawers. They may not look the best, but at least they'll be out of sight. All in all, I am extremely satisfied with this bed based on its functional bed/desk combo design and its price.