Today, I used it for the first time, and there were a ton of pros:
* It is significantly smaller than some of the big boys.
* It was pretty easy to set up. After determining my stride length, measuring my resting heart rate, and determining the ideal heart rate range I was aiming for, I was ready to go.
* While running, I could glance down and check my speed which was great for determining if I was pushing hard enough.
* It was easy to switch between speed, heart rate, and distance while running.
* It tracked my steps (which I love).
* You can stop the tracking process (stop the pedometer function) but you don’t have to clear the data right away, so you can track it/record it when you get home (see the cons list)
Now for the few cons:
* It uses my stride length to determine my distance, not GPS… So, if I was super wrong about my stride length, or if my stride length changes significantly then I’d need to make an adjustment.
* This little guy can’t compete with the computer interface of some models. It does NOT connect to your computer, nor does it keep track of all of the goodies that others do.
*The heart rate button sometimes doesn't work.
*The distance and pace functions do not seem to be accurate all the time.
Well, here is part two of my review of the sportline s12 heart rate monitor.
It is with great disappointment that I share that I will be returning this device tomorrow. During the 5k I ran on Saturday, after about 1.25 miles, the watch just sorta… reset. It suddenly had a new date, new time, wiped all of my step, milage, and distance data. HALF WAY THROUGH MY RACE. I was livid.
There isn’t any particular reason to draw my review out longer, it just didn’t do what it needed to do, when I needed it to do it.
(on another note, I’m not sure it was entirely acurate as a HRM, calories burned tracker, or distance keeper. Even with specific measurements of my stride, it was occasionally -inexplicably- off.)
Sorry, sportline… I really, REALLY wanted to like it.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.