Hello, Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
14 reviews | 3.1 out of 5
First of all, I think the bad reviews on this are from people that do not know what mold testing usually costs. If you hire someone to inspect for mold and test it, it costs $300-$400 at the least. Other do-it-yourself mold kits cost more to buy then cost close to double of what this cost per each sample sent to the lab. I have no idea how anyone thought they would pay $12 for the kit and the lab would test the mold for free. The $10-$12 per sample is well worth it. We got quick and professional results within a little over a week. Toxic Black mold was found in our home and we have since moved. We are now going to sue the landlord of the last place die to his failure to maintain, which caused the mold to start growing. I think this is a great product.
You get 9 places to test but you don't get the results untill you send the tests to a lab for the results. They charge $10 per test. They should have said so up front.
This product is awesome and cheap. I am renting an apartment and I found what I thought was mold. After waiting a month for management to take care of the problem I purchased this kit. The lab fee is $10 per sample. That is cheap. As it turns out I have very high levels of aspergillus and black mold on my wall and in the HVAC system. Now I have proof of what is making me sick. The customer service is unbeatable. It is done thru Moldlab in Carrollton, Texas. I will use this product again where ever I move to.
I purchased it so that I could identify possible mold in my basement. you do have to sent in the test for results. which is a very lost cost of $10 per site
The description of this product makes you think that you hang a device or strip at several locations in the home and it takes samples of the air, similar to a radon testing device. This isn't really how it works. You have to obtain samples of the actual mold, carpet snippets, scrapings of the infested area, etc. and press the particles to a sticky piece of tape. This tape is then sent to a lab where it will be evaluated at an additional $10.00 each/sample. I don't think the cost is a problem, but I do think the description of the product is misleading. It really isn't clear that you have to locate a source and then take a sample. The description make you think that you are taking air samples and this is not the case.
I read the front & back of the package. I knew I would have to mail the samples & that there would be additional charges for each sample mailed. What I could not gather from the outside packaging was the method in which I had to gather the samples. It was not until I purchased & opened the product that I found out the sample should be gathered by touching a sticky pad to visible mold. It also provided only one sheet for mailing in samples, meaning I could not mail in a few samples & save the rest to mail in for a later project. I would have to buy an entire new package if I wanted to mail samples at different times. I was hoping it would relate to airborne exposures or at least elude to a surface sampling on the outside of the package.
This kit allows you to collect samples and send them to an independent lab for analysis. Some reviews are negative due to the fact that it does cost for the lab results. I disagree with those reviews because I knew up front what I was getting. I didn't trust the all in one self-test kits that give immediate results. I also didn't want to pay 3-4 hundred dollars to have tests done by a mold remediation company. They are after your business and may be biased in order to get work. The third party lab allows you to know what and if you have a mold that can be harmful.
became very expensive once you add up and realize that more then one sample is going to be sent in for analyzing. Results were very vague and customer service was not helpful in answering my questions from the results
I was very pleased with this product and how easy it was to use and how quickly I got the lab results back!
I have a deviated septum and deformed turbinates. When exposed to mold(s), pollens and dust the turbinates swell and trap the trouble makers inside my nose which causes swelling. With this swelling comes pain from my daily living level of 3 to "have to go to the hospital for a shot" of a 9. The mold kits I have used in several houses and even hotel rooms and hospitals ALWAYS show mold. Since this condition has made me an "unreliable employee" I qualified for disability. When going out to hospitals, doctors and testing centers (99%) of why I leave the house, I wear a variety of masks depending on what I will be exposed to and for how long I have to wear it. I have become a self proclaimed expert on masks. Now that you know the back story, here is what I know about this test kit. It works which is more than I can say about many others. The molds that grow can be identified via visuals on Google images. I sent the first one I used into the lab and kept a photo of the dish and the readout on the molds that grew. I am not suggesting you don't send this kit into the lab but once you have done one or two, and you use other sources to learn about the molds which should include weather.com/health, you can avoid the additional costs by doing what you can to identify the molds yourself. If you find something you have never seen or can't find then send it in and ask for just that mold to be identified. Call first to confirm they will still do this. They did it for me once. I am ordering this product for my daughters new house, my house now that Aspergillus is rampant (hopefully the snow has the spores under control). I will keep ordering from them as long as they keep up the quality of the product. I was born with an immune system that is crashing faster than the normal persons. The estimated age of my immune system is 96, I am 53. For this reason I have to be proactive with my health. And as a final note, Ultra Violet Light, a system set up which lights all the air flowing through my furnace ducts. This helped reduce the mold spores by about 80% which I used this product to prove. Buy it.
Don't tell you it cost 10.00 doll dollars a strip and they are 9 strips you have to mail to have them checked
This kit is basically an envelope, a few plastic bags, and some strips of tape. The instructions say to press the tape against suspected mold and then mail it in. Each tape strip costs an extra $10 to analyze. There is nothing here that lets you test for airborne mold. I wanted a kit that would let me set something out for a few days to check for airborne mold. This kit can't do that. It only lets you verify that a black spot is actually mold and not something else. Most people know mold when they see it without lab verification. $10 wasted. Tossed it into the trash.
This product is not for regular people wanting to test mold in their homes. You have to send the samples off and that cost extra. Not worth all the additional costs.