Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
Hello. Sign In
38 reviews | 4.1 out of 5
I use this model downstairs. One night another (brand) of carbon monoxide detector went off upstairs in one of the back bedrooms. To be sure it wasnt a false alarm I took this model and rushed upstairs. It took an immediate reading and started sounding off before I could blink. I have had it for about 4 months and not once had a false alarm. When the fire department came they had the same PPM reading as this device. Pretty good product IMO. I have 3 kids and I trust it. Its just a lil on the pricey side (but worth it).I paid about $53 in store
Can not read the display, very dimly lit.
Poor design. Returned it and puchased a Kidde brand Gas detector, much better product, can clearly see the display read out.
I bought this product a couple of weeks ago. We had installed a propane gas log set in the fireplace and I wanted it to detect a possible gas leak if that's ever the case. We do not leave the logs burning while sleeping, so the carbon monoxide detector is just a bonus. It was easy to plug in and mount on the faceplate of the plug. The little screen is easy to read. It has not gone off unless I was testing it....so it's hard to tell if it works. However.....it has not gone off for a false alarm and has not been annoying. Hopefully if we need it to save our lives....it will.
Very Pleased with the looks and Displays for a older person to have in their home. Excellent made and a very good Value. Meets all of my Expectation.
I like to cook. Everytime I cook with alcohol it alarms. I guess when the alcohol is cooking off it releases gas into the air and the thing starts going crazy. I'm gonna go get the one that's just carbon monoxide I guess.
This item was purchased after I watched TV segment on blow-ups in ice shanties using propane. Like the saying goes, "better be safe than sorry".
digital display is not visible.not sure detector is monitoring air all the time.other reviews have noted same thing.not sure if i want to keep this detector because of this.
Having a detector monitoring the spaces heated by gas stoves, fireplaces, etc., is a smart provision for all homeowners. This unit monitors CO (Carbon Monoxide) AND Explosive gas (aka: LP, Propane, Bottled, etc) or Natural gas (aka City Gas, etc)).
One shortcoming: there are no test gas samples to confirm the detection readiness.
Wouldn't it be great if the fuel suppliers could test these devices with known concentrations of these gasses!!
excellent product, i put it in my basement
So far, it's working. Hopefully I won't have to find out differently. The cord from the outlet to the detector could be a lot longer. The description indicates it would be a lot longer, but, it's only about 5 feet. I wanted to hang it taller, but this will work for now. Read the destruction booklet.. it''ll give more info. Overall, I'm glad I got this.
Installs easily, no apparent operational problems.
Sensors are functional which is the heart of the device, but the housing is made of cheep plastic and mgf outside the USA, which is NOT a plus for me. The door that exopses the batteries is a real piece of bad work. I expected more from First Alert. 1 to 10 rating with 10 being the best it gets a 5.
My other detector was out of date. so I purchased this one. Very pleased with it so far
I say Meets Expectations as Excellent because I hope I Never have to use it! ;)
I like the fact that it detects not only Carbon Monoxide bit Explosive gas
I live in an RV and have had trouble with previous detectors. They have all cost a fortune and have been hard-wired into my RV. When they malfunction, there is only a couple of ways to turn them off...cut the wire, or beat them to death with a hammer. This detector plugs in to an electrical outlet, has a battery backup and you can't beat the price! I'm not sure about the durability rating, as I have only had the detector for a couple of weeks.
It tests okay. Havent' really had it long enough to say how good it will be & hopefully we'll never have to hear it go off.
I installed the battery that came with the unit. After a couple of days I got the chirping sound you get from a low or dead battery. The heating and air technician came a couple days later and I asked him to look at it. He tried three different batteries from a package that hadn't been opened and couldn't get any of them to work. I'd find it hard to believe the whole package of batteries was bad. So, my experience was totally disappointing and I will look for a new unit, but made by a different company.
L took a step up with this machine,I actually feel more secure in my home. It is simple to operate Easy to read and I can hear it. Jt is also attractive.
The product works great, a must need if you have gas appliances.