Ok, so I ordered this on a whim one night and received it only 2 days later! So the shipping time was awesome. When I got it, the box was medium sized and a little heavy. I read reviews that it was difficult to set up or needed two people. That is not true. I figured I'd look at the directions and see how hard it could be, or see if I needed to wait for my husband to help. But the directions seemed pretty simple so I dove right in! First part is connecting the poles. That was simple. Next is the sides and then of course all the parts with the handles. It does turn a little bit while putting it all together but that was no issue. I got it all set up in about a half hour, just myself. So it's really quite easy. It's pretty good sized and I added my stuff to it already. Now just gotta wait it out til I get some good compost going! But so far so good. It's easy to turn, and the sliding door opens smoothly. No complaints at all :)
FCMP Outdoor IM4000 37 Gal. Dual-Chamber Tumbling Composter - Black
Arrives by Wed, Sep 23
- Two-chambered tumbling composter
- Recycled plastic bin with steel frame
- Adjustable air vents
- Makes compost in as little as 2 weeks
- 37-gallon capacity
- Dimensions: 28L x 26W x 36H inches
About This Item
- TUMBLING COMPOSTER ? Avoid digging and mixing your compost pile by hand. The tumbling design makes mixing easy and efficient. Just close the door and turn it 5-6 times every 2-3 days. In hot sunny conditions and with a proper balance of ingredients the compost can finish in as little as 2 weeks.
- EASY TO USE ? Fantastic for beginners! The large openings and removable door make it easy to add scraps/clippings and remove finished compost. Deep fins on the body provide great ergonomic handholds.
- TWO COMPOSTER CHAMBERS ARE BETTER THAN ONE ? Two separate sides allow the first side to finish while leaving the second side available to add fresh scraps/clippings. Continuously swapping sides after finishing will create an uninterrupted flow of rich, healthy compost. Total capacity 37 gallons (5 cu ft)
- EXCELLENT AERATION ? All our composter models feature aeration holes as well as deep fins to break up clumps inside the chamber and mix lots of oxygen into the compost. Tumbling composters allow far greater aeration than standard models.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION ? BPA free UV inhibited recycled polypropylene is contact safe and will not degrade under direct sunlight. The galvanized steel frame is corrosion resistant.
two-chambered tumbling composter, 37-gallon capacity, makes compost in as little as 2 weeks, recycled plastic bin with steel frame, adjustable air vents
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
30.00 x 28.00 x 36.00 Inches
Good compost bin!
We have had this compost tumbler for about two months now and so far, so good. With all the leaves, etc. that we needed to clean up, it didn't take long to fill up both chambers but even in the cold weather we are having it seems like the material is breaking down quickly enough that we are able to keep adding more. We are using compost starter as well. The bin is easy to push to tumble the contents. I haven't noticed much "soup" coming out, but that's probably because it's cold out. We have it in a grassy area right next to a small garden and it doesn't take up much room. We have issues from time to time with rats running around and so far we haven't noticed where any have tried to get in to the tumbler (and no chew marks).
Double Sided Compost Tumbler
I love the idea of 2 sides to this tumbler. It allows you to continue to add to one side while the other side cooks.
Great product; insufficient assembly instructions
The only CON thus far is the instruction manual: This product comes with about 60 screws. That is a lot of twisting and tightening. The assembly instructions provided in the actual box is an abridged version, you are instructed to go online to get the full version of on the assembly manual. HOWEVER, when I went online and clicked on the link to obtain the manual, I got an error message. So I tried to figure out how to assemble the product with the bare-bones instructions provided. There is a certain trick/method to assembling this product. If you know the trick/method upfront, assembly is a piece of cake. However, I did not know the trick/method. I eventually figured it out through trial and error. It took me 4 hours to put this thing together because I had to disassemble the product multiple times. I think if I had the full manual, I could have gotten the product assembled in about an hour. I am very pleased with the final product, though. It seems sturdy. My advice: if you are unable to get the manual online, call Hayneedle and ask if they have a copy that it can email to you.
I ordered this because I love to garden but I have back issues. My first composter is a stationary one which is great if you have the strength to turn it over. I don't. I'm not very good with directions. I got as far as putting the frame together. My husband did the rest by himself. Took about an hour or so. I'm very happy with this. Now I can manage composting way better! P.S. I kept the stationary composter for already made compost!!
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question