Bought this recently to replace my old XP-310 (which died) and I miss the old one more each day. Problems with the WF-2860 thus far include:
- Start button is black-on-black with no outline (all other buttons have a white icon) so it's difficult to find
- Start button has to be pressed really hard to activate, I usually need to press it several times
- Touchscreen is almost impossible to read in daylight (does nobody at Epson have a window in their office?)
- Printer is incredibly noisy, at first I thought the paper was jamming but then realized it's just really loud! Every time I need to print something I flinch at the noise level.
- Hidden feed tray means you can't tell how much paper is left (vs. old top-feed)
- Print tray sticks out really far and gets in the way
- It takes up almost twice as much space as my old printer which had all the same features (except for fax which I don't use)
- Every time I turn off the printer it asks "are you sure?" and I need to press "yes" to turn it off. If I press the off button, it means I want to turn it off, I shouldn't need to confirm each time! And the difficult-to-read touchscreen just makes the unnecessary extra step more annoying.
On the positive side, print quality is good, but I'm so irritated by all the annoyances that I almost don't care. Wishing now that I had spent the money to fix my old printer rather than buying this one.