Check out these related products
- $18.58 List price $24.99Save $6.41
- $22.25 List price $24.99Save $2.74
- $9.27 Was $10.31Save $1.04
- $12.53 Was $14.18Save $1.65
- $8.85 Was $14.99Save $6.14
- $11.36 Was $14.61Save $3.25
- $13.53 Was $14.26Save $0.73
- $13.10 List price $14.99Save $1.89
- $11.87 Was $13.31Save $1.44
- $9.62 List price $14.99Save $5.37
- $10.45 Was $12.72Save $2.27
- $9.62 Was $10.70Save $1.08
- $9.83 Was $11.03Save $1.20
Consider these popular products
- $7.19 List price $7.99Save $0.80
- $10.19 List price $16.99Save $6.80
- $10.51 List price $16.99Save $6.48
- $16.79 List price $27.99Save $11.20
- $12.24 List price $26.00Save $13.76
- $9.74 List price $15.99Save $6.25
- $9.53 Was $10.09Save $0.56
- $9.36 List price $14.99Save $5.63
About this item
About this item
"A compelling and thought-provoking novel that will move and inspire readers of all kinds." -John Burnham Schwartz, author of Reservation Road
When the body fails, you've got two choices.
Send a doctor in, or send a prayer up.
And if neither works?
You'll find Dr. Wolfgang Pike at his piano.
Music has always been Wolfgang's refuge. It's betraying him now, as he struggles to compose a requiem for his late wife, but surely the right ending will come to him. Certainly it'll come more quickly than a cure for his patients up at Waverly Hills, the tuberculosis hospital, where nearly a body an hour leaves in a coffin. Wolfgang can't seem to save anyone these days, least of all himself.
Sometimes we just need to know we're not the only ones in the fight. A former concert pianist checks in, triggering something deep inside Wolfgang, and spreading from patient to patient. Soon Wolfgang finds himself in the center of an orchestra that won't give up, with music that won't stop. A White Wind Blew delivers a sweeping crescendo of hope in a time of despair, raising compelling questions about faith and confession, music and medicine, and the undying force of love.
|Number of Pages:||384|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.50 x 1.50 Inches|
Ask a question