Bought this to help with cooling on hot days in a room full of electronics. Have commercial AC on roof that wouldn't get it below 78 on hot days. This assisted in getting it down to 70 degrees. Fan blows really good.and cold air. Controls are good. Seems quiet. Filter is easy to clean.
About This Item
- WHY PUT A LIMIT ON COMFORT?: Keeping your family comfortable is one of your top priorities. That?s why Whirlpool designed their 14,000 BTU (ASHRAE) / 8,200 BTU (DOE) portable air conditioner with your needs in mind. Perfect for cooling and dehumidifying larger rooms up to 550 sq. ft.
- THREE FUNCTIONS IN ONE PACKAGE: This portable unit can act as an air conditioner, fan, or dehumidifier, depending on your needs. 3 fan speeds and 3 cooling speeds, plus a 24-hour on/off programmable timer, mean that this unit will cool on your schedule. Dehumidify mode removes up to 3.8 pints per hour.
- BUCKETLESS DESIGN: Whirlpool?s bucketless design means that water collected during cooling is automatically evaporated. If you run the unit in dehumidify mode, a continuous drain hose attachment allows excess water to drain into a floor drain or sump pump, managing the excess humidity without extra attention.
- MIRAGE DISPLAY: Whirlpool?s mirage display shows the temperature settings in crystal-clear white LEDs that shine through the plastic body of the air conditioner, allowing you to see the setting from anywhere in the room.
- EXCEPTIONAL PORTABILITY: Durable rolling casters ship pre-attached to the unit, and easy-grip side handles are molded into the plastic for ease of movement from room to room. The included window kit and exhaust hose are also transferrable, so there?s no need to purchase additional installation kits. Exhaust hose can be expanded to a max of 4 ft and is flexible to reach most windows.
- 14,000 BTU portable air conditioner with single exhaust
- 6-ft. LCDI power cord with 3-prong grounded plug uses 115V electrical outlet
- Cools a room up to 550 sq. ft. with up to 3.8 pints per hour dehumidification
- Cool, Dehumidify and Fan Only modes
- Full-function remote controls unit from across the room
- 3 cooling speeds and 3 fan speeds for cooling flexibility
- Programmable 24-hour on/off timer cools on your schedule
- After a power failure, unit automatically restarts when power is restored
- Removable and washable mesh filter for easy maintenance
- 4 durable, easy-rolling caster wheels for convenient movement
- Window venting kit with 1 exhaust hose included for easy setup
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER): 8.9
- U.L. listed
proposition 65 reasons:Lead
Energy Efficient, Remote Controlled, Easy Clean, Easy Installation
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
17.52 x 14.76 x 28.35 Inches
Good cold AC for a portable won't be dissappointed
Exactly as advertised
I purchased 6 of these for our church along with 4 of another brand. Needless to say I wish I would've purchased all whirlpool. They cool better, faster and more efficient than the others. Great product!
I bought this to cool off my garage so that I can paint. It is exactly what I needed. It does cool the space down and I really like being able to use the remote control. Price was amazing and I'm very happy with my purchase.
This is a great unit. The only issue is the exhaust hose was not long enough to go from floor to window. Had to sit on desk. I have ordered a longer hose
Great for cooling 3 car garage in TX
I bought this unit with the expectation that I could work in my garage with a moderate degree of comfort. I have a 3 car garage with insulated doors, and a freezer unit and extra full sized side by side fridge which produce extra heat. This unit has exceeded my expectations and can easily keep my garage at around 74-75 degrees when it's 100 degrees outside. I do have to run it continously, but the point is, I can work in my garage in perfect comfort while the Texas heat is blazing outside.
To help folks who want a similar set up, I attached about 8 feet of flexible 6'' duct to the plastic duct that came with the unit. I added duct insulation sleeves to cover the whole thing (the ducts will radiate heat) and used aluminum tape to seal all the connections. I then ran the hose through the ceiling to vent in the attic above. This way I don't have to modify my garage doors, no heat bleeds back into the garage, and it looks neat and professional. I plan to add attic insulation above my garage which will surely help keep the garage even cooler. But as is, I am very satisfied.
I love it but...
It would have been better if there's an auto feature. It does a good job, just missing an auto feature it would've been perfect.
There are several things that I didnt like about this unit. For starters, if you have a standard window you will have to cut the window accessory that you have to put at your window. I used a bow saw. Wasnt difficult but an inconvenience. For 14,000BTU I wasnt impressed with its cooling power. Also, the high, med and low output speed only applies to FAN option because it didnt change speed when in the COOL (or AC setting). Will it cool your room? Of course but I expected a bit more from the unit. A bit more power. I have it set in my small living room and I was expecting a noticeable difference when walking in and out of the room but I didnt. Installation process is easy just like any other portable AC units.
The unit came broken, repaired it the best I could. It's been to hot to wait for another unit so I have been using it. Felt it should be cooler In the room than it gets. Total waste of money
I am disappointed In this portable air conditioning unit. It looks good but doesn't cool near how I expected. Had to get a 12,000 BTU window unit for back up support. The room I am using it in is around 550 square feet.
The uniit is not working
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question