Check out these related products
- $27.54 List price $34.99Save $7.45
- $17.71 List price $27.99Save $10.28
- $16.88 List price $26.00Save $9.12
- $20.63 List price $26.00Save $5.37
- $22.26 List price $24.99Save $2.73
- $16.66 List price $26.99Save $10.33
- $19.96 List price $27.00Save $7.04
- $21.92 List price $30.00Save $8.08
- $21.89 Was $23.11Save $1.22
Consider these popular products
- $9.52 List price $16.00Save $6.48
- $15.00 List price $25.00Save $10.00
- $12.51 List price $14.99Save $2.48
- $9.51 Was $11.17Save $1.66
- $8.10 List price $12.95Save $4.85
- $15.32 List price $22.99Save $7.67
- $16.75 Was $18.11Save $1.36
- $19.14 List price $26.99Save $7.85
- $12.54 List price $16.00Save $3.46
- $11.52 List price $15.99Save $4.47
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, St. Martin's Press, 2013, ISBN13 9780312378783, ISBN10 0312378785
How far would you travel for love? In her sparkling memoir, journalist Alison Singh Gee learns that love, riches, and a place to call home can be found in the most unexpected places.
Alison Singh Gee was a glamorous magazine writer with a serious Jimmy Choo habit, a weakness for five-star Balinese resorts, and a reputation for dating highborn British men. Then she met Ajay, a charming and unassuming Indian journalist, and her world turned upside down. Traveling from her shiny, rapid-fire life in Hong Kong to Ajay's native village, Alison learns that not all is as it seems. Turns out that Ajay is a landed prince (of sorts), but his family palace is falling to pieces. Replete with plumbing issues, strange noises, and intimidating relatives, her new love's ramshackle palace, Mokimpur, is a broken-down relic in desperate need of a makeover. And Alison wonders if she can soldier on for the sake of the man who just might be her soul mate.
This modern-day fairytale, WHERE THE PEACOCKS SING, takes readers on a cross-cultural journey from the manicured gardens of Beverly Hills, to the bustling streets of Hong Kong and finally to the rural Indian countryside as Alison comes to terms with her complicated new family, leaves the modern world behind, and learns the true meaning of home.
|Number of Pages:||279|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Gee, Alison Singh|
|Publisher:||St Martins Pr|
|Publication Date:||February, 2013|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.50 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.