What Your Fourth Grader Needs To Know: Fundamentals Of A Good Fourth-Grade Education
Average rating: 5out of 5 stars1 reviewsratings
Walmart #: 385337655
This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out.
About this item
Paperback, Delta, 2005, ISBN# 0385337655
About this item
Disclaimer: While we aim to provide accurate product information, it is provided by manufacturers, suppliers and others, and has not been verified by us. See our
For Sale is a brand new version of What Your Fourth Grader Needs To Know by Ed Hirsch and this book is ready for immediate shipment.Give your child a smart start with
"What Your Fourth Grader Needs to Know"
How can you help your child at home? This book answers that important question and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that thousands of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American fourth graders. Featuring sixteen pages of full-color illustrations, a bolder, easier-to-follow format, and a thoroughly updated curriculum, "What Your Fourth Grader Needs to Know" is designed for parents and teachers to enjoy with children. Hundreds of thousands of students have benefited from the Core Knowledge Series. This edition, featuring a new Introduction, gives today's generation of fourth graders the advantage they need to make progress in school and establish an approach to learning that will last a lifetime. Inside you'll discover
- Favorite poems--old and new, from the familiar classic "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere" to Langston Hughes's "Dream"
- Literature--from around the world, including African and Chinese folktales, excerpts from beloved novels, and condensed versions of popular classics such as "Gulliver's Travels "and "Rip Van Winkle"
- Learning about language--the basics of written English, including grammar, punctuation, parts of speech, synonyms and antonyms, plus an introduction to common English sayings and phrases
- World and American history and geography--explore world and American history, including creation of a constitutional government and early presidents and politics
- Visual arts--a broad spectrum of art from around the world, including African masks, Islamic architecture, Chinese calligraphy, and great American painters--featuring full-color reproductions
- Music--understanding and appreciating music, from the basics of musical notation to the orchestra, plus great composers and sing-along lyrics for such favorites as "Auld Lang Syne" and "Waltzing Matilda"
- Math--challenging lessons ranging from fractions and decimals to understanding graphs, making change, square roots, and the metric system
- Science--discover the wonders of the human body and its systems, learn about electricity, atoms, chemistry, geology, and meteorology, plus concise biographies of some of the great scientists of our time
Questions & Answers0 question
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Questions & Answers
No question have been asked yet.
If you want to know something about this product, post your question here for others to answer.
Policies & Plans
See any care plans, options and policies that may be associated with this product.
The following available options may be selected during checkout:
Gift message:Add a personal note that we'll include with your gift.
Gift receipt: When you add other gift options, we'll include a receipt that keeps the price a secret but makes it easy to exchange or return an item.
About our prices
We're committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. So if you find a current lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell us and we'll match it. See more details atOnline Price Match.
Returns are easy at Walmart
Not happy with a purchase? No problem. We've made returning items as easy as possible. And, most purchases can be returned for free. Learn more about ourReturns Policy.