I love the story for a little gardener, as well as the lesson of a sense of responsibility.
About This Item
In the #1 New York Times bestseller We Are the Gardeners, Joanna Gaines and the kids chronicle the adventures of starting their own family garden. From their failed endeavors, obstacles to overcome (bunnies that eat everything), and all of the knowledge they gain along the way, the Gaines family shares how they learned to grow a happy, successful garden.
We Are the Gardeners is a whimsical picture book perfect for:
- Ages 4-8
- Parents, libraries, classroom story times, and discussions focusing on springtime and gardening
- Households that enjoy watching HGTV's Fixer Upper
- Young children and families interested in gardening and plants
After reading, children will learn:
- Trying something new isn't always easy, but the hardest work often yields the greatest reward
- The basic steps and process of starting a garden
- The importance of patience and how it is possible to learn from your mistakes
You and your children will learn all about the Gaines family's story of becoming gardeners in Joanna's first children's book--starting with the first little fern Chip bought for Jo. Over the years, the family's love for gardening has blossomed into what is now a beautiful, bustling garden.
- Subject 1: Gardening
- Subject 2: Children's Books/Ages 4-8 Nonfiction
- Subject 3: Lifestyles - Farm & Ranch Life
|Number of Pages|
Joanna Gaines; Julianna Swaney
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
9.00 x 6.00 x 1.50 Inches
Cute story with great message
In Joanna Gaines' first children's book, We Are the Gardeners, the reader is introduced to the trials and triumphs of a family garden. From the first little fern that Chip gifted to his wife, to the full outdoor garden that it inspired, the Gaines family learns a number of lessons, both in gardening and in overcoming obstacles. This book is a sweet story about a gardening, working together as a family, and never letting failures define the journey. Whether you're looking to encourage a young gardener or just looking to help your children pick up from a set back, We Are the Gardeners would make a wonderful read. *Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question