I generally don't care for games that incorporate parkour-type moves (like Assassin's Creed), but WOW, this game has truly made these usually difficult movements (for me, anyway) impressively intuitive with the little bit of training that you do at the beginning of the game. Though you can and do use parkour-type moves to jump roof to roof while traversing the city, you also run through the streets; across bridges; up or down stairs, telephone poles, etc; scale cars, vans, buses, and buildings; zip-line from high up places; use a grappling hook; traverse power lines; and perform other death-defying feats. It is not merely a 'jump from roof to roof' game. That's a gross over-simplification and is, in fact, incorrect. It is an open world game, and VERY few places are safe (safe zones and the water). Besides the main storyline quests, there are many side quests. There are also quarantine zones to clear out, and you can do them and the side quests in whichever order you choose. Besides encountering zombies there are also random encounters with humans - some friendly, some not. There are challenges, using speed or zombie-slaying skills. The customization of weapons is fun. Electrify a sword and kick your enemy into a puddle of water (yes, please!), or make grenades and other items that make zombies freeze, vomit or bleed to death, explode, catch fire, etc. You can be a zombie if you'd like. Whether you play alone or play online (having other players play as zombies and 'invading' your game is great!), this game is addictive. I've just started my 2nd play through and though I still have all of the skills I've earned and inventory, the enemies are tougher, especially the enemies that come out at night. "Good night, good luck"
About This Item
- Survive the Night - During the day, players roam free and scavenge for supplies and weapons. But at night, the world undergoes a deadly transformation: the hunter becomes the hunted as the infected grow more aggressive and numerous, and something far more sinister awakens to stalk its prey.
- Free Running Movement - Whether tracking prey or escaping predators, Dying Light lets players swiftly navigate the world by seamlessly leaping between buildings, grappling up walls and pouncing on unsuspecting enemies.
- Open World Environments - Dying Light is set in a vast open world, delivering expansive and varied environments, a wide variety of enemy classes and a hopeless tale of survival where resources are scarce and the infected are not the only threat.
- Brutal Melee and Ranged Combat - get up-close using a variety of light and heavy weapons including knives, bats, axes, sledgehammers and more exotic weaponry or utilize guns and other firepower to take down enemies from a distance.
- Choose Your Play Style - Dying Light features four playable characters that can be fully customized and upgraded to match any play style.
- Craft Your Weapon - Why use a wrench when you can use a wrench wrapped in electrified barbed wire? Dying Light's sizeable crafting system enables players to create a slew of new, more potent weapons and equipment, as well as specialized ammunition.
- Breathtaking Visuals and Gameplay - Dying Light is the first game powered by Chrome Engine 6, a cutting edge incarnation of Techland's proprietary technology, designed from the ground up for the new console generation, DirectX 11 and other advanced solutions.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, and Intense Violence
?? WARNING: This product can expose you to some chemicals, which is known to the State of California to cause For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.? www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Explore this item
|Video Game Platform|
|Primary Distributor ID|
|Video Game Collection|
Country of Origin - Components
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Country of Origin - Assembly
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)
You are viewing
Dying Light - Playstation 4 Warner Bros.
|USA or Imported|
|7.5 x 5.5 x 0.5 Inches|
Customer reviews & ratings
Frenetic, zombie-slaying fun
great game at a great price
Waited for this game to drop in price before making the purchase. Was iffy on the parkour aspects of the game when it was released and not sure it belonged in a zombie game. IL tell you the game is one the edge frightening when it becomes night time and having to hide from super zombies. Without the parkour elements you would be a sitting duck for the infected. Well worth the price and many hours will be put into the game if your a completion junkie. Buy this game!
Love this game. It's not one of those games you can play through in a week, which is a good thing. There are so many quests and side missions that it lasts for a long time. It's challenging and definitely worth it. One of the best games I've ever owned. Highly recommend this game.
My son love playing this game!!!
Game is very additive. Love it
my grandson loves this game
Great Deal from Walmart! Love this game
One of the best games I own.
love the game!
I like it!
I've played it for a couple hours and I think that it was a good investment so far. However, I just spent $15 for it. :)
Boring..so so so Boring
This game is incredibly boring...all you do is jump from roof top to roof top avoiding zombies...there is no skill required to play..it does have a huge map but with a stupid story line ...it is nothing like the trailer for it..trust me friends skip this game its not what you expect it to be..
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question