Consider these popular products
- Rollback$194.00 Was $244.00Save $50.00
- $375.00 Was $549.99Save $174.99
- Reduced Price$326.99 List price $588.58Save $261.59
- from $459.98
- from $459.99
- Clearancefrom $376.92
- from $509.99
- $379.00 Was $549.99Save $170.99
- $849.00 Was $1469.99Save $620.99
Apple iPhone 5 - Smartphone - 4G LTE - 16 GB - GSM - 4" - 1136 x 640 pixels ( 326 ppi ) - Retina - 8 MP - iOS - black & slate
About this item
- 5.0-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen
- iOS 6, Chipset: Apple A6, Processor: Dual-Core 1.3 GHz Swift
- 8 MP Camera + 2 MP Front Camera
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
When Apple envisioned the iPhone, Apple landed on a remarkably thin and light design. But it's nearly impossible to make a device so thin and so light without sacrificing features or performance. Apple could have taken the easy way out and designed something more reasonable and less remarkable. But Apple didn't. If the technology didn't exist, Apple invented it. If a component wasn't small enough, Apple re-imagined it. If convention was standing in the way, Apple left it behind. The result is iPhone 5: the thinnest, lightest, fastest iPhone ever. iPhone 5 is just 7.6 millimeters thin. To make that happen, Apple engineers had to think small, component by component. They created a nano-SIM card, which is 44 percent smaller than a micro-SIM. They also developed a unique cellular solution for iPhone 5. The conventional approach to building LTE into a world phone uses two chips - one for voice, one for data. On iPhone 5, both are on a single chip. The intelligent, reversible Lightning connector is 80 percent smaller than the 30-pin connector. The 8-megapixel iSight camera has even more features - like panorama and dynamic low-light mode - yet it's 20 percent smaller. And the A6 chip is up to 2x faster than the A5 chip but 22 percent smaller.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Creating an entirely design meant inventing entirely technology
When Apple envisioned the iPhone, Apple landed on a remarkably thin and light design. But it's nearly impossible to make a device so thin and so light without sacrificing features or performance. Apple could have taken the easy way out and designed something more reasonable and less remarkable. But Apple didn't. If the technology didn't exist, Apple invented it. If a component wasn't small enough, Apple re-imagined it. If convention was standing in the way, Apple left it behind. The result is iPhone 5: the thinnest, lightest, fastest iPhone ever. iPhone 5 is just 7.6 millimeters thin. To make that happen, Apple engineers had to think small, component by component. They created a nano-SIM card, which is 44 percent smaller than a micro-SIM. They also developed a unique cellular solution for iPhone 5. The conventional approach to building LTE into a world phone uses two chips - one for voice, one for data. On iPhone 5, both are on a single chip. The intelligent, reversible Lightning connector is 80 percent smaller than the 30-pin connector. The 8MP iSight camera has even more features - like panorama and dynamic low-light mode - yet it's 20 percent smaller. And the A6 chip is up to 2x faster than the A5 chip but 22 percent smaller.
- The thinner display ever
Making a thinner, lighter iPhone meant even the display had to be thinner. Apple engineers accomplished that by creating the first Retina display with integrated touch technology. Which means instead of a separate layer of touch electrodes between display pixels, the pixels do double duty - acting as touch-sensing electrodes while displaying the image at the same time? With one less layer between you and what you see on iPhone 5, you experience more clarity than ever before. All on a display that's 30 percent thinner than before.
- iPhone 5 is made with a level of precision you'd expect from a ?nely crafted watch - not a smartphone
Never before has this degree of fit and finish been applied to a phone. Take the glass inlays on the back of iPhone 5, for instance. During manufacturing, each iPhone 5 aluminum housing is photographed by two high-powered 29-megapixel cameras. A machine then examines the images and compares them against 725 unique inlays to find the most precise match for every single iPhone. Look at iPhone 5 and you can't help but notice the exquisite chamfer surrounding the display. A crystalline diamond cuts this beveled edge. It's what gives iPhone 5 its distinctive lines.
- Instead of starting with the speaker, Apple started with the ear
It's not easy to create earbud-style headphones that not only feel good in your ears, but also sit securely in your ears. That's because everyone's ears are different. Using optical scans combined with silicone molding, Apple designers created 3D models of various ear types to find a common shape across many different people. That shape led to the unique look of the Apple EarPods. Unlike traditional circular earbuds, their design is defined by the geometry of the ear. This makes them more comfortable for more people than any other earbud-style headphones. They're more stable and durable, too. Apple EarPods provide stronger protection from sweat and water, and they're remarkably stable in the ear, which means they stay in, even when you're on the go.
- So much more than before, and so much less, too
A remarkably slim design that still makes room for a larger display and a faster chip. It is ultrafast wireless that doesn't sacrifice battery life. And all-new headphones designed to sound great and fit comfortably. So much went into this iPhone. So you could get even more out of it.
- More display means more to see, more vibrant, too
Anyone can make a larger smartphone display. But if you go large for large's sake, you end up with a phone that feels oversize, awkward, and hard to use. iPhone 5 features a 4-inch display designed the right way: it's bigger, but it's the same width as iPhone 4S. So everything you've always done with one hand - typing on the keyboard, for instance - you can still do with one hand. On a larger canvas that lets you see more of every web page. This isn't just a larger display. It's a larger Retina display. At 326 pixels per inch, it has a pixel density so high your eye can't distinguish individual pixels. And as stunning as the Retina display is on the iPhone 4S, this one gives you 18 percent more pixels for an impressive 1136-by-640 resolution. Colors get a boost, too, with color saturation that's 44 percent greater than before. So with iPhone 5, the games you play, the words you read, the images you see, and the apps you love look and feel incredibly vivid and lifelike. For big-time entertainment, iPhone 5 lets you watch widescreen HD video in all its glory - without letterboxing.
- Ultrafast wireless, connect to fast data networks
You rely on your iPhone. So a thin, light design and outstanding battery life are important to you. But so is a fast data connection. LTE wireless technology is built for speed, but adding it to a phone can create bulk and drain battery life quickly. iPhone 5 does LTE the right way - optimized for better battery life and designed for ultrafast connectivity in a thin profile. The very things you want most from your smartphone. 2 iPhone 5 supports more networks all over the world.
- A6 chip, performance and graphics up to twice as fast
With the A6 chip, just about everything you do on iPhone 5 is noticeably faster - up to twice as fast compared with the A5 chip. So apps launch, web pages load, and email attachments appear almost instantly. The A6 chip also offers graphics performance that's up to twice as fast as the A5. So you can power through graphics-intensive apps and games. And enjoy higher frame rates for smoother, more realistic gameplay. Not only is the A6 chip custom designed to be fast, it's custom designed to work with iOS 6 to be extremely power efficient.
- iSight camera - the world's most popular camera now captures more of the world
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. Photos look so stunning; it's hard to believe they were taken with a mobile phone. And everything that made the iSight camera in iPhone 4S the world's favorite is now on iPhone 5 - and then some. The panorama feature lets you capture everything from a family reunion group photo to a jaw-dropping shot of the Grand Canyon. With one smooth motion you can shoot up to an impressive 240 degrees. The gyroscope, A6 chip, and camera app work together which create one seamless, high-resolution panorama up to 28-megapixels. Imagine sidesplitting, adventure-filled, must-see flicks produced by you and shot on iPhone 5. Record stunning 1080p HD video with the iSight camera. Improved video stabilization helps prevent shaky footage. Face detection for up to 10 faces means everyone can have a moment in the spotlight. You can even take still photos as you record, so you can capture small moments while shooting a big one. You use the front-facing camera on iPhone 5 to make FaceTime video calls.
- Apple iPhone 5
- USB cable, power adapter, Apple EarPods
|Processor Type:||Dual-core 1.3 GHz Swift (ARM v7-based)|
|Display Technology:||LCD display|
|Resolution:||640 x 1136|
|Cell Phone Service Provider:||T-Mobile|
|Display Resolution:||1920 x 1080|
|Cell Phone Type:||Other|
|Processor Speed:||1.3 Gigahertz|
|Model Name:||Apple iPhone 5 16GB Unlocked GSM LTE Dual-Core Phone w/ 8MP Camera - Black|
|Contained Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Connector Type:||1 x Apple Lightning Connector, 1 x Headphone|
|Operating System:||Apple iOS|
|Battery Life:||216 hours|
|Number of Megapixels:||8 Megapixel|
|Interface Type:||IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.0|
|Mobile Operating System:||Apple iOS|
|Is Dark Sky-Compliant:||Y|
|Standby Time:||225 hours|
|Size:||5.07"L x 2.3"W x 0.3"H|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||MD293LL/A|
|Color:||Black & slate|
|RAM Memory:||1 Gigabytes|
|Cellular Network Technology:||GSM|
|Talk Time:||480 minutes|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||0.30 x 2.30 x 4.90 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- As long as you pay bill monthly. Yes, unlimited phone and text. Data too somewhat. After 2.5 GBs it will slow a little bu tno a lot.by BuyMe1212/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- For $39.95 unlimited everything up to 2.5G high speed data after that its slower.. U still get data not as fast..i use wifi at home and data when im out..by Shengsheart9/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Family Mobile is a monthly billing plan, post paid. You must pay by the due date or they immediately cut you off, with a fee to restore. Unlimited means unlimited every month, but the data speed will decrease if you use a lot, read the details about it. It is only 3G at the fastest speed then down to 2G.by DavidMSP12/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- noby BuyMe1212/14/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- the phone does come with a nano, but you will still have to buy a family mobile package from wmt, which includes activation code and another nano sim. I don't think there's a way around that. the turn-up package costs $25.by AlFisherman10/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No you have to buy it separately $25by Shengsheart8/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can get a Nano sim cutter that will trim your micro card to fit and work... check it out!by An anonymous customer4/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No it has totally different sim card.. Nano exclusively for iphone5 onlyby Shengsheart4/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?