The color and sound are great, I'm pleased with the apps that that come with it.
VIZIO 55" Class 4K UHD Quantum SmartCast Smart TV HDR M-Series M557-G0
Arrives by Fri, Feb 28
In stock at San Leandro, 1919 Davis St
- Screen Size55"
- Resolution4K UHD
- Is SmartY
- Display TechnologyQLED
- Number of HDMI Connections4
- Backlight TypeLED
About This Item
- Dolby Vision? HDR A superior HDR standard for 4K video, capable of displaying a wider spectrum of colors and detail. This TV includes HDR10 and HLG content support as well.
- 4K Ultra HD With over 8 million pixels ? 4 times the resolution of 1080p ? enjoy every scene in breathtaking detail.
- SmartCast? Finding great content and streaming high-quality 4K HDR video is incredibly easy with SmartCast Home. Browse favorites like Netflix and Hulu right on the TV using the included remote or SmartCast Mobile? app on your phone or tablet.
- Works with Apple AirPlay Use your iPhone, iPad or Mac to stream movies, shows, music, and photos from iTunes, Apple TV, and other AirPlay-compatible apps to the TV. You can also wirelessly mirror content such as web pages and presentations from your iOS device or Mac to the big screen.
- Works with Apple HomeKit Control your TV using the Apple Home app or Siri on your iPhone, iPad or Mac. Simply add this TV to the Home app and include in scenes or automations like any other HomeKit accessory. Use Siri on your iPhone or iPad to turn the Tv on or off, control the volume and switch inputs ? you can even use Siri to play movies, TV shows or music.
- Chromecast Built-In Chromecast is built into the M-Series? Quantum, offering thousands of streaming apps and the ability to display anything from your phone or Google Chrome browser on the big screen.
- Hands-Free Voice Control The M-Series? Quantum is a perfect smart home companion with support for popular smart home voice ecosystems like Siri, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa.
- VIZIO WatchFree? Enjoy free & unlimited TV from over 150 channels ? news, sports, movies, TV shows, music, and the best of the internet. No fees, subscriptions or logins.
- Clear Action? 360 Enjoy fast action sports and movies with superior motion clarity using powerful image processing and a blazing 120Hz effective refresh rate achieved with backlight scanning.
- Laptop screen mirroring Whether it's browsing a website or giving a presentation, you can easily stream from your phone, tablet or laptop to the M-Series? Quantum with Chromecast built-in.
- Octa-Core Processor The processor is the brain of your TV, and a high-powered processor means less lag in streaming apps or while switching activities
- Sleek, Modern TV Design With its sleek, modern lines, the M-Series? Quantum is the perfect entertainment centerpiece
- 4 UHD/HDR-Ready HDMI Ports Supporting the latest HDMI standards, this M-Series? Quantum allows you to connect to 4K Blu-Ray players, game consoles, and more.
- DTS Studio Sound II Advanced virtual surround sound audio from the TV?s two built-in speakers.
- USB Multimedia Play photos, music, and video right on the big screen using the built-in USB port.
- Quick Start Mode Enable Quick Start Mode to turn your TV on automatically with a simple voice command or tap of the Cast button. Enabling Quick Start Mode will change the energy consumption required to operate this TV.
- Cinemawide® Black Bar Detection Movie Nights just got better! This VIZIO SmartCast TV automatically detects ultra-wide 21:9 movie content and dims the backlight in the top and bottom black bars to achieve deep black levels delivering a more authentic movie watching experience.
WARNING! This product can expose you to chemicals including Styrene which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to. www.p65warnings.ca.gov
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Depth (with stand)|
|Width (with stand)|
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Height (with stand)|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
48.66 x 9.37 x 30.46 Inches
Manuals & Guides
Great TV - Great Buy - Great Quality
I got his TV for $429 on sale the first week in November. The TV is built well even though it seems to be mostly plastic (I don't really care about the material they have used, as much as I care about the quality of the picture). I read a review that said this TV tilts toward the viewer, I don't see any lean at all, so maybe the review had a problem with the legs. Speaking of the legs, they seem sturdy enough to hold the TV w/o any problems (the review I read said the TV was wobbly, but that wasn't the case on my TV). So, it was an excellent buy for me since I use it in my man cave for gaming, movies, and television. I had a two year old 55" Vizio M series HD but not HDR or 4k and this TV's images are so much better it's hard to imagine, the picture is crisp and clear and it's really remarkable by comparison. If you ever wondered, like I did, if 4K was worth it over HD (1080p), it is so worth it, much more vivid, much more clear. And it has voice control, although I haven't tried it. The sound, much like the 2017 model is OK, but I normally wear wireless headsets when I play games and watch TV since my game room is next to our living room, so I don't use the speakers all that much anyway. IF it was a primary TV, I'd suggest you get an external speaker system, sounder or whatever. I LOVE that this TV has Chromecast and Airplay casting, that's a great benefit to me. Love that I can cast my iPad or even my iMac onto the screen and surf with my mouse and keyboard input mirroring my session. Never thought I'd want a 55" screen for surfing, but it works seamlessly and I enjoy popping into a video full screen on the TV. I also appreciate that this TV has four UHD/HDR-Ready HDMI Ports - I only had one on my 2017 model and it was dedicated to my XBOX which dumbed down my regular viewing. Smart TV - Review I read didn't care for the speed of the smart TV functions, but I have an Apple TV hooked up and it isn't much faster and neither is slow IMHO. AND yea for Vizio's Smartcast which has the same features of Apple TV or Fire TV, works great and it's supplemented by a dedicated channel/input called "Watch Free" that sorts out all the paid television options available from other sources I don't have (like HBO or Cinamax for example). And finally the remote is laid out well, works well, and is pretty straight forward. Using the DPAD design, it's easier to use than Apple's swiping pad - much more specific in selecting what you want to do. Kudos Vizio. So the pros are the great pic, low lag rate for gaming, streaming capabilities, connectivity, design, great remote, and HDR. The only CON I have noticed is the speakers aren't that loud on some channels. Highly recommended.
Premium picture for bargain price
After viewing this 4K TV in the Sam's Club store on several occasions, I was happy to find that this model was on sale. I was ready to buy it at the listed price, so this made the deal a bit sweeter. I have hooked this up in my home and I love the picture. I paired it with the Vizio 2.1 soundbar, and it is a great combination and recommend it with the TV. So far I've used it with a BluRay DVD player, and the picture is great with it... also, a Roku 4K running Netflix with the 4K signal has a beautiful picture. Basically this is a premium TV for a bargain price... no regrets in the purchase, can't wait to get it wall mounted.
Great picture, miss on the Apps
Overall, great TV. Don't absolutely love the cast feature and think for the price and brand name Vizio could come with better apps (no Disney+ or ESPN). Picture and refresh rate are great for sports and action movies. Got it on sale around Black Friday so happy with the price.
Great but technical issues
It's beautiful and Bright, but it kicks me off shows sometimes, hard to turn on other times, just spazzes out sometimes, enough to make you upset you spent 500 for a tv that spontaneously turns off your shows. Other than that, tons of channels, awesome layout, works quick, I like it overall because it is pretty, especially my kids shows really colorful.
BEWARE, issue with Vizeo TV
After 2 weeks of use the tv wouldn't turn on without unplugging and plugging back in to the electrical outlet. This has happened about 6 times in the last month. After reading reviews, this appears to be a common issue. Will contact the Vizeo service help line the next time it I have the issue.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.