About This Item
In Upskill, adaptive skills specialist Chris Watson delivers a dynamic snapshot of easy-to-access development possibilities providing you with:
- 840 user-friendly tools and techniques reflecting the latest thinking on how to extend capability, boost professional growth and take charge of your career.
- A rich resource of reliable solutions, grouped around the twenty-one adaptive skills most valued by today's employers including creativity, collaboration and communication.
- An abundance of proven approaches, topical insights, time-saving apps and inspirational videos, as well as helpful signposts to relevant quotes, books and other resources.
Each chapter focuses on one of the twenty-one skills, and begins with examples of how the individual skills -which can be practised and refined throughout a career, and have all been shown to be associated with greater operational agility -may be observed in the work environment. This brief introduction is then followed by forty practical ideas to develop the performance of people. Although there is no formal hierarchy to the list of suggestions, all of the ideas have been categorised into three inter-related clusters for ease of use encompassing ideas for personal development, for delivering results and for long-term gain.
Within each of the three clusters, all of the ideas for professional growth have been laid out in terms of how they can help you respond and adjust to the requirements of your role and the ever-changing world of work:
- Some of the suggestions are tools apps, templates, downloads and inventories which can be picked up and used/introduced straightaway.
- Some of the suggestions are techniques methods, approaches and procedures for you to try out, investigate and explore.
- The final set of suggestions indicate where to look for further inspiration ncluding films, podcasts, related research and a wide range of suggested reading materials.
The majority of the hints, tips and techniques can be actioned without having to access any external support or invest in any additional outlay, and are as useful for new starters in an organisation as they are for experienced managers.
Suitable for anyone who is committed to developing themselves and their colleagues, but may not have the time, the resources, the budget or the inspiration to know where to start.
Crown House Publishing
|Number of Pages|
Upskill: 21 Keys to Professional Growth
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
9.00 x 6.00 x 1.50 Inches
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question