Check out these related products
- $214.45 List price $251.50Save $37.05
- $10.51 List price $14.99Save $4.48
- $10.62 List price $17.00Save $6.38
- $11.82 List price $15.95Save $4.13
- $14.46 List price $17.95Save $3.49
- $14.95 List price $19.99Save $5.04
- $16.90 List price $29.95Save $13.05
- $26.59 List price $34.99Save $8.40
- $9.90 List price $19.95Save $10.05
- $11.49 List price $20.00Save $8.51
- $16.75 List price $19.95Save $3.20
- $5.08 List price $7.99Save $2.91
Consider these popular products
- $14.67 List price $21.99Save $7.32
- $7.19 List price $7.99Save $0.80
- $18.04 List price $29.95Save $11.91
- $16.36 Was $18.36Save $2.00
- $10.16 Was $12.44Save $2.28
- $13.61 List price $21.99Save $8.38
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2012, ISBN# 0471768731
If you're feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of getting a dog or nervous about caring for the one you've already brought home, now you can relax. "Understanding Your Dog for Dummies" helps you recognize not only why your dog behaves the way she does, but in a way that enables you to parlay that into a well-behaved companion who listens (and sits, and speaks, and comes, etc.).
Whether your pooch is a mixed breed or purebred, she has a distinct identity that makes her unique. The first step in understanding your dog is to respect the honorable task she was originally bred for and to identify how these inbred impulses influence her personality and behavior. In essence, you need to speak her language if you expect her to learn to understand yours.
"Understanding Your Dog for Dummies" gives you everything you need to learn to understand your pooch's unique dialect of "Doglish"--and shows you how to take on the role as pack leader to give your dog the cues, guidance, and consistency she needs to shape and develop good behaviors. Inside you'll discover how to: Read your dog's body languageCommunicate with your dogInterpret your dog's breed-specific traitsCorrect dog-behavior-gone-badCounter anxiety-based behaviorUnderstand and resolve aggressive behaviorAnd so much more
Think of this book as Doglish 101--a prerequisite for every human member of your dog's family. Now, let the training begin
|Number of Pages:||272|
|Author:||Coren, Stanley , Hodgson, Sarah|
|Series Title:||For Dummies|
|Publisher:||John Wiley & Sons Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 9.50 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.