Similar items in stock
- Rollback$9.97 Was $14.94Save $4.97
- Reduced Price$16.77 List price $22.99Save $6.22
- from $34.00Save $86.00
Toshiba Canvio USB 3.0 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
About this item
Customers also viewed these products
- from $130.00
- from $263.74Save $135.26
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Toshiba Canvio 1TB Portable Hard Drive is ideal for anyone in need of large storage space for digital data. The advanced USB 3.0 technology of the hard drive helps you easily transfer files at a speed of 5Gbps by connecting it to your processor. This allows you to transfer and create back up of large files at amazing speeds. With a storage capacity of 1 TB, it lets you store up to 285,000 photos, 263,000 music files, or 820 digital movies. A combination of 5,400RPM rotation speed and 8MB cache buffer helps you quickly access information. A convenient drive space alert monitor alerts you when the hard drive is about to get full. Data protection is ensured by a password-protected data encryption that prevents unauthorized access and keeps your backup safe. The internal shock sensor of the hard drive along with an improved ramp loading technology safeguards the hard drive and the data inside against mishaps and unexpected drops.
Toshiba Canvio 1TB Portable Hard Drive:
|Hard Drive Capacity:||1 TB|
|System Requirements:|| |
|Connector Type:||1 x USB 3.0|
|Interface Type:||USB 3.0|
|Compatible Devices:||Desktop Computers|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||HDTC610XK3B1|
|Features:||shock sensor, password authentication, Ramp Load|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.70 x 3.10 x 0.53 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Runs on USBby Fcracker12/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is USB powered. Can be used with USB 2.0 or 3.0.by WalMartShopr201211/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It only runs on USB power. I've copied from both an Imac and a Windows 7 desktop PC. Current PC has only USB 2.0 input which is compatable as well, but wanted the much faster USB 3.0 so it wouldn't be outdated any time soon.by TomCAD10/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The Device doesn't require A/C power. It is powered by the USB cable provided.by EL1TE10/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The Toshiba Canvio USB 3.0 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive runs off the 5 volts of the USB cable -- it sips 'juice' from your computer. I use mine with desktops and laptops all the time, and it's very reliable. USB 3.0 is actually the fourth version of the USB standard available. USB 1.0 was already obsolete the day the drives became available, so the manufacturers brought out 1.1. USB 2.0 was much faster, and 3.0 is faster still. There are actually more wires in the USB 3.0 cable, but the drives and computers set up to take advantage of it are 'backwards compatible' with USB 2.0.by PerfesserBear10/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It works on USB power. I'm not using it on a PC, but I imagine the DVR I am backing up is similar.by retiredusar8/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The drive is USB powered. You can connect it to any USB port, as the drive is backwards compatible. Of course you will get the fastest operation with USB 3.0by ToshibaStaff9/30/2012Written by a verified representative from ToshibaStaffWas this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I am using it with windows 7by Fcracker12/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Of course. Windows XP,7 and probably 8.by WalMartShopr201211/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XPby JonnDoe11/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it is Windows compatible.by ToshibaStaff10/22/2012Written by a verified representative from ToshibaStaffWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes you can but i wouldn't recommend it. I bought this drive less than 6 months ago, transfered my entire hard drive from my computer to the hard drive and it has since died and I have no way to recover my date!by amatrey176/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It comes with EaseUS software which will let you copy an entire HD (hard drive) or a single partition to another drive. The data is saved in a proprietary format, that is, you won't be able to pick and choose data from it, just restore the whole thing. This would be handy in case of a catastrophic HD failure, you could then restore to the state your HD was in when you created the image. If you are planning to use this to replace your current hard drive, and then run your PC by booting off this external USB HD, I'd think again. It would make more sense to replace your existing internal HD with a bigger one.by GonzoNerd7/8/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I transferred 535gb in one saving from mac hard driveby Caterpillar10006/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Using the included backup software you can backup files, folders and the full system, which is what you're looking to do. You say "transfer", which to me normally means replacing an old drive with a new drive. This isn't going to replace an internal drive.by An anonymous customer5/28/2013Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?