Check out these related products
- $12.83 List price $14.99Save $2.16
- $26.29 List price $29.99Save $3.70
- $26.10 List price $32.99Save $6.89
- $45.17 List price $50.00Save $4.83
- $27.46 List price $37.50Save $10.04
- $18.15 List price $24.99Save $6.84
- $65.02 List price $69.99Save $4.97
- $58.15 List price $69.99Save $11.84
- $58.14 Was $63.37Save $5.23
- $22.69 List price $29.99Save $7.30
- $28.24 List price $39.99Save $11.75
- $24.84 List price $29.99Save $5.15
- $30.25 List price $39.99Save $9.74
Consider these popular products
- $4.33 Was $4.99Save $0.66
- $5.79 Was $7.72Save $1.93
- $5.09 Was $5.54Save $0.45
- $4.43 Was $6.49Save $2.06
- $5.49 List price $7.99Save $2.50
- $5.79 Was $6.15Save $0.36
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, University of North Texas Press, 2012, ISBN13 9781574414516, ISBN10 1574414518
What common baking ingredient can conceal white rings on furniture? (Crushed pecans.) How do you detect a repair in a pottery vase you want to buy? (Look at it under a black light.) What's the best way to remove water damage from your great-grandfather's Bible? (Put it in your freezer.)
Answers to these questions and many more are included in this convenient handbook by long-time antiques expert Dr. Georgia Kemp Caraway. Organized alphabetically, Tips, Tools, and Techniques is easy to consult about the cleaning and maintenance of common antique and collectible objects, including metal advertising signs, glassware, clothing, and jewelry. Addenda provide information such as how to get a good deal at auction, the dates of Chinese dynasties, and U.S. patent numbers. An especially handy pronunciation guide helps the monolingual among us speak with confidence about the provenance of Galle ware and Schlegelmilch porcelain.
Compact yet authoritative, this handbook will appeal to both dealers and buyers, as well as everyone with something from Grandma in the attic.
"I use this guide in my work to locate otherwise hard-to-find tips for cleaning and restoring items I find in household sales to increase the value of the items."--John Bennett, of John Bennett Estate Appraisals
"The tips provided in this book are practical, the directions are easy to follow, and best of all, they work."--Brett A. Jones, manager of the Antique Gallery
|Number of Pages:||169|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Caraway, Georgia Kemp|
|Series Title:||Practical Guide|
|Publisher:||Texas A & M Univ Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.50 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.