Check out these related products
- $19.96 Was $21.37Save $1.41
- $11.76 List price $16.00Save $4.24
- $14.47 List price $17.00Save $2.53
- $16.10 List price $18.00Save $1.90
- $11.88 Was $13.84Save $1.96
- $12.27 List price $17.00Save $4.73
- $11.00 List price $16.00Save $5.00
- $14.43 List price $17.00Save $2.57
- $10.08 Was $11.59Save $1.51
- $14.80 List price $16.00Save $1.20
- $12.35 List price $16.00Save $3.65
About this item
About this item
Looks at the history of the modern concert industry, chronicling the rise of Ticketmaster, StubHub, Live Nation, and Outbox and shedding light on ticket pricing practices.
"A clear, comprehensive look at a murky business." --"The Wall Street Journal"
Your favorite band has just announced their nationwide tour. Should you pay to join their fan club and get in on the pre-sale? No, you decide to wait. But the on-sale date arrives, and the site is jammed. You can't get on--and the concert is sold out in six minutes. What happened? What now?
Music journalists Dean Budnick and Josh Baron chronicle the behind-the-scenes history of the modern concert industry. Filled with entertaining rock-and-roll anecdotes about The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, Pearl Jam, and more--and charting the emergence of players like Ticketmaster, StubHub, Live Nation, and Outbox--"Ticket Masters" will transfix every concertgoer who wonders just where the price of admission really goes. This edition has an updated epilogue that covers recent industry developments.
|Number of Pages:||398|
|Author:||Budnick, Dean , Baron, Josh|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.50 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $6.07 List price $6.99Save $0.92
- $14.82 List price $24.99Save $10.17
- $6.00 List price $8.99Save $2.99
- $10.95 List price $12.95Save $2.00
- $6.00 Was $6.50Save $0.50
- $5.95 List price $6.99Save $1.04
- $7.12 Was $7.99Save $0.87
- $5.40 Was $6.50Save $1.10