Having never owned a weighted blanket before, I wasn't sure what to expect. I bought 2 throws, one 12 lb and one 20 lb for me and my husband. One throw length is big enough to fully lay across the top of our queen size bed and 2/3 the way down. We share the 20 lb here. Works great! It provides immediate warmth when getting under the covers! Beautiful plush material! The ties inside work ok but the blanket still bunches up in places. The 12 lb is used as a therapy blanket stationed over a recliner and used in conjunction with an electric foot massager we have. Delightful! The weight of these blankets is so heavy they need a stationery home. Quite cumbersome to move very far. Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase!
The Vellux Heavy Weight 15 Pound Weighted Charcoal Gray Throw
- Select from available sizes
- 100% polyester outer; filled with polystyrene pellets
- Choose from available color options
- Wonderfully plush, cozy design
- Creates a calm, relaxing feeling for a better night?s sleep
- Machine was
About This Item
- Weighted: Choose from 12 lb., 15 lb., 20 lb., or 25 lb.
- Available in Throw: 54 x 72 inches, or Blanket: 60 x 80 inches
- Designed to feel like a big, warm hug
- Known to calm those who suffer from - insomnia, anxiety, restless leg syndrome, autism and ADHD
- Available in a variety of luxurious colors
- Cover is machine washable
For best results, this throw should weigh approximately 10 percent of your body weight to ensure a calm, relaxing effect.
The cover unzips for easy removal and has a polyester and cotton box quilted insert filled with polystyrene pellets. Made out of cozy plush fleece, this throw is finished with poly satin piping on all sides and rounded edges.
Vellux has committed a minimum donation of $100,000.00 from the proceeds of this weighted throw?s sales to Autism Speaks in support of its mission to promote solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of people with autism and their families.
- Available in 12lb, 15lb, 20lb, and 25lb weights (throw insert and cover equal the total weight)
- Available in Camel, Ivory, Charcoal Gray, Navy, Red, Sage, Blue Plaid, Blue/Orange(Reversible), Blue/Red(Reversible),
- Includes One Throw or Blanket
- Throw Measures 54 x 72 inches; Blanket Measures 60 x 80 inches
- Cover: 100% Polyester; Insert: 65% Polyester and 35% Cotton
- Machine Washable Cover unzips for easy care
- Insert features four ties on each side (total 12 inner ties) to keep the insert in place inside the cover
- Are known to improve sleep and reduce anxiety
- Help you enjoy deeper, more restorative sleep with the Vellux Weighted Blanket
- Designed to simulate a deep comforting hug
- Creates a calm, relaxing feeling that leads to a better night?s sleep.
Weighted blankets have become a staple relaxation and sleep aid for adults and children alike. The sensation of sleeping under the weight of these blankets releases ?happiness? hormones that can improve sleep and assist with anxiety, PTSD and certain mental health disorders. The science behind these blankets involves Deep Pressure Touch Stimulation (DPTS) - a method employed by Psychiatrists that is proven to raise Serotonin levels and relax the nervous system by applying pressure to the body. These blankets can also mimic the same physiological responses brought on by a hug?a rise in Oxytocin, the ?love? hormone, that helps lower blood pressure, slow heart rate, and increase our bond with others.
What?s different about the Vellux Weighted Blanket?
Vellux has been a trusted brand for over 50 years, giving us a wealth of expertise on fabric, construction and design. Creating the Vellux Weighted Blanket was an opportunity for us to offer something more than just comfort. Our Weighted Blanket can be a life changing solution for those who suffer with sleep disorders, anxiety, PTSD and other conditions.
The Vellux Weighted Blanket is offered in a variety of textures, colors, sizes and weights. Snuggle up anywhere in your home for a truly comforting experience. Our Weighted Blanket is super-plush and has a removable cover for low-maintenance laundering. The Blanket has a box quilted insert with a pellet fill to create various weights.
Fabric Care Instructions: Machine Wash Cold Do Not Bleach. Line Dry Wash Cover Only
Cover: 100% Microplush Polyester; Insert: Cotton/Polyester Blended Box Stitch Insert
100.00% Microplush Polyester
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
72.00 x 54.00 x 1.00 Inches
Warm and cozy!
I am enjoying my throw! The 12 pound one is just the right weight; I think the others would've been too heavy for me. very soft material. Although you may have to move it around some to get the full weight coverage (because of the beads moving around), it's not a big deal. It's worth it!
Very Soft and Comfy
When I first used the blanket I thought I needed a 15lb. instead of the 12lb. that I purchased. It seemed as though it slayed on me rather lightly. As I relaxed with it for a while I realized that it was just right. The weight seemed to set on me as my body relaxed.
The only thing I don't like is that I do feel like I'm always adjusting it because the weighted beads tend to shift more to one side.
Very disappointed- weight doesn't stay put
Bought this blanket after reading tons of positive reviews, and was very disappointed. The blanket construction does not include any baffles, so there's nothing to keep the weight from sliding right off of you the minute you get under it. I suppose if I had it dropped in my lap on the couch, it would be comfortable and heavy, but as a blanket it doesn't do what it's supposed to do. The weight slides right off and you're left with a very thin - but very fuzzy - blanket. I'm leaving it at 2 stars because it's warm and soft, my cats love it, and when I want to sit on the couch I guess it'll feel cozy. But as a weighted blanket, it doesn't do the one thing it's supposed to.
I really like the texture and weight of this blanket, but there is a very unpleasant chemical smell emanating from the interior blanket. I decided to hang on to the blanket for a week to see if it would go away, but a toxic smell still lingers.
Would not purchase again
The weighted beads don't stay in place so the weight within the blanket is uneven. Doesn't do much for me apart from take up space
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.