Customers also viewed these products
- $9.25 List price $15.00Save $5.75
- $9.10 Was $9.79Save $0.69
- $13.20 Was $14.28Save $1.08
Check out these related products
- $15.38 List price $19.99Save $4.61
- $22.90 List price $35.00Save $12.10
- $15.66 List price $21.99Save $6.33
- $13.82 List price $15.99Save $2.17
- $16.03 List price $23.99Save $7.96
- $10.46 List price $15.99Save $5.53
- $11.81 Was $12.44Save $0.63
- $11.59 Was $12.48Save $0.89
- $13.90 List price $27.99Save $14.09
- $12.17 List price $15.99Save $3.82
- $9.49 Was $11.05Save $1.56
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
"A Navy SEAL's highly-charged account of his combat missions in Iraq and his miraculous recovery from wounds that might have killed him--if it were not for his grit and the devotion of his wife and family"--
There already are many books on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. There will be more, including by those who experienced the fire of combat. This story, though, is not just about a SEAL on the Iraqi battlefield, but a SEAL at war with himself and his ultimate victory. I believe his story will inspire the reader, just as it did me.--from the introduction by Robert M. Gates, former US Secretary of Defense
Decorated US Navy SEAL lieutenant Jason Redman served his country courageously and with distinction in Colombia, Peru, Afghanistan, and Iraq, where he commanded mobility and assault forces. He conducted over forty capture/kill missions with his men in Iraq, locating more than 120 al-Qaida insurgents. But his journey was not without supreme challenges--both emotional and physical. Redman is brutally honest about his struggles to learn how to be an effective leader, yet that effort pales beside the story of his critical wounding in 2007 while leading a mission against a key al-Qaida commander. On that mission his team was ambushed and he was struck by machine-gun fire at point-blank range.
During the intense recovery period that followed, Redman gained national attention when he posted a sign on his door at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, warning all who entered not to "feel sorry for his] wounds." His sign became both a statement and a symbol for wounded warriors everywhere.
From his grueling SEAL training to his search for a balance between arrogance and humility, Redman shares it all in this inspiring and unforgettable account. He speaks candidly of the grit that sustained him despite grievous wounds, and of the extraordinary love and devotion of his wife, Erica, and his family, without whom he would not have survived.
Vivid and powerful, emotionally resonant and illuminating, The Trident traces the evolution of a modern warrior, husband, and father, a man who has come to embody the never-say-die spirit that defines the SEALs, one of America's elite fighting forces.
|Number of Pages:||382|
|Author:||Bruning, John R. , Redman, Jason|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.00 x 1.01 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $9.89 List price $16.00Save $6.11
- $17.28 List price $28.00Save $10.72
- $19.53 List price $27.95Save $8.42
- $10.27 Was $11.17Save $0.90
- $9.81 List price $14.99Save $5.18
- $15.69 List price $19.95Save $4.26
- $12.93 List price $20.95Save $8.02
- $14.82 Was $15.99Save $1.17
- $15.35 List price $17.99Save $2.64
- $15.99 Was $17.44Save $1.45
- $11.58 List price $14.95Save $3.37