Similar items in stock
The Sims 3 - PC
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
New-The Sims 3 - PC
New Seamless, Open NeighborhoodExplore the neighborhood freely. New Create A Sim Create any Sim you can imagine. New Realistic PersonalitiesEvery Sim is a unique person, with a distinct personality. New Unlimited CustomizationEveryone can customize everything! The freedom of The Sims 3 will inspire you with endless possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief.
Warning Text: Acceptance of end user license agreement required to play. Access to online services including simpoints and downloads requires an internet connection, EA account and game registration with the enclosed serial code. Registration is limited to one EA account per serial code and is non-transferable. You must be 13+ to register for an EA account. Mac users must update to the latest version of the Sims 3 launcher to access online services, including Simpoints and downloads. EA may provide certain incremental content and/or updates for an additional charge, if and when available. EA may retire online services after 30 days notice. Please note that this game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems (PowerMac).
|Video Game Collection:||The Sims|
|Is Downloadable Content Available:||Y|
|System Requirements:|| Required: |
OS: Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard"
CPU: Clock speed (GHz), Primary (Intel): 2 GHz, Intel Pentium 4
Memory: 1 GB
Disk Space: 6.1 GB
Graphics: Video card memory : 128 MB, ATI 9000 series, nVidia GeForce FX series
Direct X: 9.0c
CPU: Clock speed (GHz), Primary (Intel): 2 GHz or higher, Intel Pentium 4 or higher
|Genre:||Social & Economic Simulation|
|Required Peripherals:||Keyboard , Mouse / Track Ball|
|Video Game Genre:||Miscellaneous - virtual life|
|Video Game Platform:||PC , PC Gaming|
|Compatible Devices:||PC , Mac|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||197150|
|Container Type:||PACKAGE NOT AVAILABLE|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 0.50 x 7.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No, you do NOT need earlier versions of the sims to play sims 3. Also, if your laptop supports all the specifications (On the back of the sims 3 box) then you can play it. I just installed it on my computer yesterday and Im not sure if your laptop will be able to allot for that much memory. It takes exactly 5,600 MB of space on your computer. Also make sure you have atleast a gig of extra space for saving houses and families. Also you need to have a video card that supports these kinds of graphics. It must have128MB or higher and 2.0 pixelation. It is compatible with Windows Vista.by mle19921/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no you dont need 1 or 2. if you have the system requirements you can play on your laptop and vista.by TAB705866/5/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You don't need any of the other games to play this. And go to http://www.ea.com/games/the-sims-3?nostats=true and run their system requirements check.by MusicIsLife03146/5/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, unlike the line of Sims Expansion Packs, The Sims 3 is a standalone game. which means that you do not need any prior installation of the sims to play this game. Please refer to the system requirements and compare them to your Laptop's specifications. As for windows vista, you should have no problem using the Sims 3 on vista, however like i mentioned, it is very important that you compare your system with the System requirements.by vanx6/5/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, Sims 3 is a different game entirely. So you won't need any of the other Sims games to play it. My friend plays her Sims game on her laptop that runs on Vista, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to =)by Confuzled116/5/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No.You only have to have the Sims 2 for Sims 2 expansion packs.by SaraxD6/4/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No you don't need the Sims 1 and 2 at all..The Sims 3 , Sims 2 and Sims 1 are all different sets of CD-Roms.. So nope you don't and Yes you can play it on a labtopby ATrueGamerGirl6/4/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Sims 1 & 2 are not required to play, depends on whether your laptop meets the hardware requirements set forth on the box, and The Sims 3 will run on Windows Vista.by Pureiggy6/4/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes....mac/win stands for macintosh/windows sytems.by Pureiggy7/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- "mac" means it works on mac(apple) computers. and "win" stands for "windows" computers.by meg4ya12/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, Win stands for Windows And Mac Stands for Macintosh OS Xby Garazak12/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it means you can load and run the game on either a Windows PC or a Mac.by EvilBill12/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Mac/Win means that it is able to play on both Windows and Mac platforms.by akaRosebud12/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I believe that you can download a copy from certain online retailers, and that would the only way you can play it without a DVD player. The only other way is to buy a internal or external DVD player...by MusicIsLife031412/6/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- If the game comes on a DVD (which the sims 3 does), you need a DVD drive in order to install it. However, one workaround of this is if you have a fast internet connection and meet all the System Requirements for The Sims 3, then you can purchase it direct from EA games via Digital Download. The perks to this are: You don't have to leave your house, you don't need a dvd drive. However the Cons are: You don't have a disc which means you need to back up your download somehow whether it be saving your proof of purchase, purchase key, etc. So depends on the type of person you are.by vanx6/5/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It runs on the CD-rom. If you don't have one of those either, you can download the game straight from The Sims 3 website (after paying the $49.95)by Confuzled116/5/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you don't need a dvd player to play it.by SaraxD6/4/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- They may have a CD-ROM version out. Most manufacurers design both a DVD and CD-ROM version of their games for people who may not have the appropriate drive. You will just have to look around to see.by Pureiggy6/4/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?