Check out these related products
- $13.18 List price $16.00Save $2.82
- $13.87 List price $17.00Save $3.13
- $11.85 List price $16.95Save $5.10
- $10.28 Was $10.88Save $0.60
- $12.62 Was $15.86Save $3.24
- $14.00 List price $16.00Save $2.00
- $13.52 List price $15.00Save $1.48
- $15.02 List price $17.00Save $1.98
- $14.37 List price $17.50Save $3.13
- $10.61 List price $16.00Save $5.39
- $12.20 Was $13.53Save $1.33
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A look at the role of resilience in promoting a happy and healthy life introduces seven proven techniques for developing the capacity for coping with the challenges and setbacks of life, from self-criticism and negative self-images to crises, anxiety, and grief. Reprint.
Resilience is a crucial ingredient-perhaps "the" crucial ingredient-to a happy, healthy life. More than anything else, it's what determines how high we rise above what threatens to wear us down, from battling an illness, to bolstering a marriage, to carrying on after a national crisis. Everyone needs resilience, and now two expert psychologists share seven proven techniques for enhancing our capacity to weather even the cruelest setbacks.
The science in "The Resilience Factor" takes an extraordinary leap from the research introduced in the bestselling "Learned Optimism "a decade ago. Just as hundreds of thousands of people were transformed by "flexible optimism," readers of this book will flourish, thanks to their enhanced ability to overcome obstacles of any kind. Karen Reivich and Andrew Shatte are seasoned resilience coaches and, through practical methods and vivid anecdotes, they prove that resilience is not just an ability that we're born with and need to survive, but a skill that anyone can learn and improve in order to thrive.
Readers will first complete the Resilience Questionnaire to determine their own innate levels of resilience. Then, the system at the heart of "The Resilience Factor" will teach them to:
- Cast off harsh self-criticisms and negative self-images
- Navigate through the fallout of any kind of crisis
- Cope with grief and anxiety
- Overcome obstacles in relationships, parenting, or on the job
- Achieve greater physical health
- Bolster optimism, take chances, and embrace life
In light of the unprecedented challenges we've recently faced, there's never been a greater need to boost our resilience. Without resorting to feel-good pap or quick-fix cliches, "The Resilience Factor" is self-help at its best, destined to become a classic in the genre.
"From the Hardcover edition."
|Number of Pages:||352|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.25 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $5.79 List price $10.00Save $4.21
- $14.99 List price $24.99Save $10.00
- $8.99 List price $14.95Save $5.96
- $6.26 List price $9.99Save $3.73
- $10.57 List price $17.00Save $6.43
- $7.75 List price $10.99Save $3.24
- $10.45 List price $14.95Save $4.50
- $10.87 List price $15.99Save $5.12