Check out these related products
- $10.00 List price $15.00Save $5.00
- $10.94 List price $16.00Save $5.06
- $9.78 List price $14.00Save $4.22
- $12.00 List price $18.00Save $6.00
- $12.46 List price $18.95Save $6.49
- $14.89 List price $25.00Save $10.11
- $17.57 Was $18.87Save $1.30
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Provides a guide for starting a "philosophy dinner club," a club that meets to discuss philosophy and cook food from each philosopher's home country.
"Talk doesn't cook rice." --Chinese Proverb
According to Socrates, knowledge is "food for the soul." That's all well and good for the Socratic but, according to Maslow, food for the stomach is a far more pressing matter.
But why can't you have your talk, and cook rice too? With "The Philosopher's Table," Marietta McCarty shows you that you can. In this book, you will find all of the necessary ingredients to start a Philosophy Dinner Club, taking a monthly tour around the world with friends to sample hors d'oeuvres ofsucculent wisdom and fill your plate with food from each philosophers' home country. With recipes, theories, and insights both old and new--all peppered with McCarty's charming and informative prose--you and your friends will:
--Enjoy fresh homemade lamb meatballs and tzatziki, and the simple pleasures of life in Epicurus's ancient Greek garden.
--Practice nonviolence (in life and at the dinner table) while sharing tofu curry with Burma's Aung San Suu Kyi.
--Learn the fundamentals of rational decision-making with a mouthful of bratwurst from Germany's Immanuel Kant
--In the spirit of accepting change, ditch the familiar take-out containers and dine on homemade shrimp dumplings with China's Lao Tzu.
--And so much more
Complete with McCarty's recommendations for ethnic music from each region to enjoy during your gatherings and discussion questions to prompt debate, "The Philosopher's Table" contains everything you need to leave your host's home brimming with both nutritional and mental satisfaction.
|Number of Pages:||252|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.50 x 7.50 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $9.29 List price $14.95Save $5.66
- $17.85 List price $30.00Save $12.15
- $11.75 List price $16.95Save $5.20
- $3.96 List price $4.99Save $1.03
- $9.59 Was $10.72Save $1.13
- $11.22 List price $19.99Save $8.77
- $13.93 List price $19.95Save $6.02
- $16.63 List price $24.95Save $8.32
- $8.92 List price $15.00Save $6.08
- $14.41 List price $22.99Save $8.58
- $13.79 List price $20.95Save $7.16