Check out these related products
- $10.00 List price $15.99Save $5.99
- $12.70 List price $17.95Save $5.25
- $19.96 List price $29.95Save $9.99
- $13.37 List price $16.99Save $3.62
- $12.27 List price $17.99Save $5.72
- $10.34 Was $15.99Save $5.65
- $11.57 List price $15.99Save $4.42
- $14.74 Was $17.00Save $2.26
- $11.63 List price $16.99Save $5.36
- $13.45 Was $14.16Save $0.71
- $10.97 List price $18.00Save $7.03
- $13.55 Was $14.57Save $1.02
- $12.97 List price $16.00Save $3.03
- $11.42 List price $16.99Save $5.57
About this item
About this item
Looks into the world of medieval Spain, revealing a culture in which literature, science, and tolerance thrived for five hundred years.
This enthralling history, widely hailed as a revelation of a "lost" golden age, brings to vivid life the rich and thriving culture of "al-Andalus, " the kingdom in medieval Spain where, for more than seven centuries, Muslims, Jews, and Christians lived together in an atmosphere of tolerance, and literature, science, and the arts flourished.
- A Washington Post bestseller.
- A work of history that resonates powerfully in our own time--a reminder of the possibility for peaceful coexistence among Muslims, Jews, and Christians.
- A book that will fascinate those readers who propelled Karen Armstrong's A History of God, Thomas Cahill's The Gifts of the Jews, Robert Lacey's The Year 1000, et al., onto paperback bestseller lists.
- Reading groups will find much to discuss in THE ORNAMENT OF THE WORLD.
|Number of Pages:||352|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||SPAIN_RELIGION , MUSLIMS_SPAIN , CHRISTIANS_SPAIN , JEWS_SPAIN|
|Author:||Menocal, Maria Rosa|
|Publisher:||Little Brown & Co|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.50 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question