Consider these popular products
- $9.29 List price $14.95Save $5.66
- $17.85 List price $30.00Save $12.15
- $11.75 List price $16.95Save $5.20
- $3.96 List price $4.99Save $1.03
- $9.59 Was $10.72Save $1.13
- $11.22 List price $19.99Save $8.77
- $13.93 List price $19.95Save $6.02
- $16.63 List price $24.95Save $8.32
- $8.92 List price $15.00Save $6.08
- $14.41 List price $22.99Save $8.58
- $13.79 List price $20.95Save $7.16
About this item
About this item
THE LONGEVITY KITCHEN
A collection of 125 delicious whole-foods recipes showcasing 16 antioxidant-rich power foods, developed by wellness authority Rebecca Katz to combat and prevent chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, inflammation, arthritis, and other conditions that plague American adults, enabling readers to live longer, healthier lives.
Food is your most powerful tool. You want to make better nutritional choices, but the science of eating has become more complicated than ever. If you've been diagnosed with prediabetes, are at risk for heart disease, have a family history of high blood pressure, or simply want to eat a healthful diet to promote long life, how do you know which foods will really deliver the greatest benefits?
In this collection of more than 100 recipes that combine smart nutrition and superb flavor, culinary nutrition pioneer Rebecca Katz highlights the top sixteen foods proven to fight the most common chronic conditions. Katz draws on the latest scientific research to explain how super foods such as asparagus, basil, coffee, dark chocolate, kale, olive oil, sweet potatoes, and wild salmon can build immunity, lower cholesterol, enhance memory, strengthen the heart, and reduce your chances of developing diabetes and other diseases.
This practical, flavor-packed guide presents the most effective--and delicious--ways to use food to improve the performance of every system in the body. Katz explains the health advantages of each main ingredient, and includes menu plans to address specific symptoms and detailed nutritional information for each recipe.
Easy-to-find ingredients are incorporated into a powerful arsenal of tantalizing recipes, including:
- Roasted Asparagus Salad with Arugula and Hazelnuts
- Costa Rican Black Bean Soup with Sweet Potato
- Black Cod with Miso-Ginger Glaze
- Herby Turkey Sliders
- Thyme Onion Muffins
- Yogurt Berry Brulee with Almond Brittle
Based on the most up-to-date nutritional research, "The Longevity Kitchen" helps you feed your family well and live a long and vibrant life.
|Number of Pages:||243|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Katz, Rebecca , Gong, Leo , Edelson, Mat|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.00 x 10.50 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question