The Little Big Book of Christmas
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Random House Inc, 2011, ISBN13 9781599621005, ISBN10 1599621002
Long out of print, the definitive Christmas anthology is back...deeply revised with new images, recipes, jacket, and introduction. Lavishly illustrated throughout with nineteenth- and twentieth-century artwork, this book is everything you want Christmas to be -- loving, warm and celebratory. Timeless and adorable, beautifully designed, "The Little Big Book of Christmas" is a great big stocky little book--stuffed with stories to read, carols to sing, biblical verse to share, recipes to make and bake, and Christmas history and lore to learn.
Inside you'll find:
- Gospel stories, including those of St. Luke and St. Matthew.
- Poetry of William Shakespeare, John Milton, Robert Frost, Clement Clarke Moore, Ogden Nash, W. H. Auden, and Lewis Carroll.
- Stories from Louisa May Alcott, Hans Christian Andersen, Charles Dickens, O. Henry, Langston Hughes, Norman Vincent Peale, Lincoln Steffens, and Selma Lagerlof.
- Christmas lore from Dorothy Thompson, Norman Vincent Peale, and Francis P. Church.
- Carols galore including "O Little Town of Bethlehem," "Silent Night," "The First Noel," "Joy to the World," and "The Twelve Days of Christmas."
- The best holiday recipes, including New England Eggnog, Classic Sugar Cookies, Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Sticks, A Brownie Christmas Tree, Swedish Gingerbread Cookies, Refrigerator Cookies, and Scandinavian Glogg.
|Number of Pages:||352|
|Series Title:||Little Big Book|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||September, 2011|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.00 x 7.00 x 1.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.