Check out these related products
- $13.11 List price $16.99Save $3.88
- $17.91 List price $20.00Save $2.09
- $14.71 List price $20.00Save $5.29
- $14.76 List price $16.99Save $2.23
- $13.65 List price $20.00Save $6.35
- $18.36 List price $27.00Save $8.64
- $20.95 List price $26.00Save $5.05
- $18.98 Was $19.98Save $1.00
- $20.91 List price $27.00Save $6.09
- $18.23 List price $20.00Save $1.77
The Hour of Peril: The Secret Plot to Murder Lincoln Before the Civil War
Consider these popular products
- $20.98 List price $30.00Save $9.02
- $49.99 List price $71.00Save $21.01
- $18.27 List price $28.95Save $10.68
- $12.35 Was $14.21Save $1.86
- $11.02 List price $16.95Save $5.93
- $11.76 Was $12.38Save $0.62
- $12.24 List price $15.99Save $3.75
- $19.10 List price $27.00Save $7.90
- $13.62 List price $14.95Save $1.33
- $19.38 Was $23.83Save $4.45
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
"It's history that reads like a race-against-the-clock thriller."--"Harlan Coben"
Daniel Stashower, the two-time Edgar award-winning author of "The Beautiful Cigar Girl," uncovers the riveting true story of the "Baltimore Plot," an audacious conspiracy to assassinate Abraham Lincoln on the eve of the Civil War in THE HOUR OF PERIL.
In February of 1861, just days before he assumed the presidency, Abraham Lincoln faced a "clear and fully-matured" threat of assassination as he traveled by train from Springfield to Washington for his inauguration. Over a period of thirteen days the legendary detective Allan Pinkerton worked feverishly to detect and thwart the plot, assisted by a captivating young widow named Kate Warne, America's first female private eye.
As Lincoln's train rolled inexorably toward "the seat of danger," Pinkerton struggled to unravel the ever-changing details of the murder plot, even as he contended with the intractability of Lincoln and his advisors, who refused to believe that the danger was real. With time running out Pinkerton took a desperate gamble, staking Lincoln's life--and the future of the nation--on a "perilous feint" that seemed to offer the only chance that Lincoln would survive to become president. Shrouded in secrecy--and, later, mired in controversy--the story of the "Baltimore Plot" is one of the great untold tales of the Civil War era, and Stashower has crafted this spellbinding historical narrative with the pace and urgency of a race-against-the-clock thriller.
|Number of Pages:||354|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||St Martins Pr|
|Publication Date:||January, 2013|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.