Check out these related products
- $13.65 Was $14.82Save $1.17
- $15.20 Was $16.00Save $0.80
- $16.17 List price $19.99Save $3.82
- $11.90 List price $16.00Save $4.10
- $11.30 Was $13.72Save $2.42
- $6.90 Was $11.57Save $4.67
About this item
About this item
Known as the Green House, the brothel founded by the enigmatic stranger Don Anselmo on the outskirts of Puira affects both the Latn city and the mission deep in the jungle. Reprint. 10,000 first printing.
Mario Vargas Llosa's classic early novel takes place in a Peruvian town, situated between desert and jungle, which is torn by boredom and lust. Don Anselmo, a stranger in a black coat, builds a brothel on the outskirts of the town while he charms its innocent people, setting in motion a chain reaction with extraordinary consequences.
This brothel, called the Green House, brings together the innocent and the corrupt: Bonificia, a young Indian girl saved by the nuns only to become a prostitute; Father Garcia, struggling for the church; and four best friends drawn to both excitement and escape.
The conflicting forces that haunt the Green House evoke a world balanced between savagery and civilization -- and one that is cursed by not being able to discern between the two.
|Number of Pages:||405|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||PERU_FICTION , Settings,Miscellaneous , YOUNG WOMEN_FICTION , FICTION_GENERAL|
|Author:||Rabassa, Gregory , Vargas Llosa, Mario|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $14.99 List price $28.00Save $13.01
- $10.11 List price $17.00Save $6.89
- $17.99 List price $28.00Save $10.01
- $10.71 List price $18.00Save $7.29
- $5.97 Was $8.79Save $2.82
- $10.07 List price $18.00Save $7.93
- $8.99 List price $9.99Save $1.00