Check out these related products
- $9.99 List price $15.99Save $6.00
- $14.69 Was $16.99Save $2.30
- $12.33 Was $13.55Save $1.22
- $6.49 Was $7.78Save $1.29
- $15.15 Was $15.95Save $0.80
- $12.52 Was $13.60Save $1.08
- $10.89 List price $12.99Save $2.10
- $15.60 List price $18.00Save $2.40
- $8.37 List price $12.00Save $3.63
About this item
About this item
A thousand years after the release of the Straker Tapes, when Peter and Alpha discover that stories of human upgrades are true, they strive to stop a group of scientists from making a decision that could destroy humanity.
Thousands of years in the future the divide between humanity and technology has become nearly unrecognizable. Each thought, each action is logged, coded, backed up. Data is as easily exchanged through the fiber-optic-like cables that extend from fingertips as it might be through ordinary conversation. It's a brave new world: A world that the Straker Tapes say is a result of many human "upgrades." But no one is sure whether the Straker Tapes are a work of fiction or an eerie peek into an unimaginable past.
Nearly sixteen-year-old Peter Vincent has been raised to believe that everything that the backward Strakerites cling to is insane--an utter waste of time and potential. Since his father is David Vincent, genius inventor of the artificial bees that saved the world's
crops and prevented massive famine, how could Peter believe anything else?
But when Peter meets Alpha, a Strakerite his own age, suddenly the theories about society-upgrades don't sound quite so crazy, especially when she shows him evidence that another upgrade is imminent. And worse, there may be a conspiracy by the leaders of the establishment to cover it up. A conspiracy spearheaded by Peter's own father.
Gripping and full of unexpected twists, "The Future We Left Behind "takes the unsettling questions raised in "Human.4," and flips them entirely. What if we knew that the very way we live was about to be changed in an instant, and we could stop it? And what if everything we are sure we know is entirely wrong?
|Number of Pages:||367|
|Author:||Lancaster, Mike A.|
|Publisher:||Lerner Pub Group|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.25 x 1.50 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $3.61 List price $4.99Save $1.38
- $7.83 List price $9.99Save $2.16
- $3.03 Was $3.39Save $0.36
- $6.75 List price $7.99Save $1.24
- $15.90 Was $20.39Save $4.49
- $10.04 Was $13.38Save $3.34
- $5.49 List price $7.99Save $2.50
- $7.92 List price $12.99Save $5.07