Check out these related products
- $13.51 Was $14.99Save $1.48
- $10.90 List price $18.99Save $8.09
- $9.03 List price $15.95Save $6.92
- $14.72 Was $16.99Save $2.27
- $12.22 List price $20.00Save $7.78
- $18.83 List price $26.95Save $8.12
- $15.28 List price $16.99Save $1.71
- $23.16 List price $29.99Save $6.83
- $17.91 List price $19.99Save $2.08
- $19.49 List price $28.99Save $9.50
- $18.35 List price $26.99Save $8.64
- $11.29 Was $14.33Save $3.04
- $11.94 List price $17.99Save $6.05
- $12.59 Was $17.06Save $4.47
- $14.10 List price $15.99Save $1.89
About this item
About this item
Reveals a shift in marketing trends from advertising to publicity, citing the successes of such top brands as the Body Shop, Starbucks, and Wal-Mart, while sharing strategies on establishing credibility and implementing a slow PR build.
Bestselling authors and world-renowned marketing strategists Al and Laura Ries usher in the new era of public relations.
Today's major brands are born with publicity, not advertising. A closer look at the history of the most successful modern brands shows this to be true. In fact, an astonishing number of brands, including Palm, Starbucks, the Body Shop, Wal-Mart, Red Bull and Zara have been built with virtually no advertising.
Using in-depth case histories of successful PR campaigns coupled with those of unsuccessful advertising campaigns, The Fall of Advertising provides valuable ideas for marketers -- all the while demonstrating why advertising lacks credibility, the crucial ingredient in brand building, and how only PR can supply that credibility; the big bang approach advocated by advertising people should be abandoned in favor of a slow build-up by PR; advertising should only be used to maintain brands once they have been established through publicity.
Bold and accessible, The Fall of Advertising is bound to turn the world of marketing upside down.
|Number of Pages:||320|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||BRAND NAME PRODUCTS , ADVERTISING , PUBLIC RELATIONS|
|Author:||Ries, Al , Ries, Laura|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question