Check out these related products
- $9.78 Was $11.93Save $2.15
- $13.48 List price $14.95Save $1.47
- $11.35 List price $16.95Save $5.60
- $14.71 List price $20.00Save $5.29
- $11.64 List price $16.00Save $4.36
- $13.68 List price $14.95Save $1.27
- $10.27 Was $14.28Save $4.01
- $10.77 Was $13.24Save $2.47
- $12.29 Was $14.28Save $1.99
- $10.59 List price $16.95Save $6.36
- $12.02 Was $13.60Save $1.58
- $11.61 Was $14.06Save $2.45
About this item
About this item
A new novel by the author of Whatever follows the lives and fortunes of Bruno and Marcel, born to a bohemian mother during the 1960s, who are brought up separately and pursue their own individual paths--as Bruno battles madness and sexual obsession and Michel, a molecular biologist, comes up with a unique way to express his disgust with the violence of humankind. Reprint. 25,000 first printing.
An international literary phenomenon, The Elementary Particles is a frighteningly original novel- part Marguerite Duras and part Bret Easton Ellis-that leaps headlong into the malaise of contemporary existence.
Bruno and Michel are half-brothers abandoned by their mother, an unabashed devotee of the drugged-out free-love world of the sixties. Bruno, the older, has become a raucously promiscuous hedonist himself, while Michel is an emotionally dead molecular biologist wholly immersed in the solitude of his work. Each is ultimately offered a final chance at genuine love, and what unfolds is a brilliantly caustic and unpredictable tale.
Translated from the French by Frank Wynne.
|Number of Pages:||272|
|Subject:||FICTION_GENERAL , Settings , FRANCE_FICTION|
|Series Title:||Vintage International (Paperback)|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $10.82 Was $12.28Save $1.46
- $14.99 List price $19.99Save $5.00
- $6.18 List price $9.99Save $3.81
- $7.37 List price $10.00Save $2.63
- $19.49 List price $30.00Save $10.51
- $17.40 List price $29.00Save $11.60