Check out these related products
- $22.42 List price $26.99Save $4.57
- $21.78 List price $27.99Save $6.21
- $19.03 List price $27.99Save $8.96
- $17.89 List price $24.99Save $7.10
- $9.87 List price $15.99Save $6.12
- $10.51 List price $14.99Save $4.48
- $9.92 List price $14.99Save $5.07
- $10.34 Was $11.47Save $1.13
- $12.40 Was $13.74Save $1.34
- $10.31 List price $14.99Save $4.68
- $11.09 List price $14.99Save $3.90
About this item
About this item
THE DEATH OF BEES
Today I buried my parents in the backyard.Neither of them were beloved.
Marnie and her little sister, Nelly, are on their own now. Only they know what happened to their parents, Izzy and Gene, and they aren't telling. While life in Glasgow's Maryhill housing estate isn't grand, the girls do have each other.
As the New Year comes and goes, Lennie, the old man next door, realizes that his young neighbors are alone and need his help. Lennie takes them in--feeds them, clothes them, protects them--and something like a family forms. But soon, the sisters' friends, their teachers, and the authorities start asking tougher questions. As one lie leads to another, dark secrets about the girls' family surface, creating complications that threaten to tear them apart.
Written with ferce sympathy and beautiful precision, told in alternating voices, The Death of Bees is an enchanting, grimly comic tale of three lost souls who, unable to answer for themselves, can answer only for one another.
|Number of Pages:||310|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.31 x 8.00 x 0.76 Inches|
Ask a question
Consider these popular products
- $17.67 List price $25.99Save $8.32
- $17.47 List price $27.95Save $10.48
- $8.31 List price $12.95Save $4.64
- $10.40 Was $11.30Save $0.90