Check out these related products
- $14.06 List price $15.95Save $1.89
- $40.58 List price $45.00Save $4.42
- $30.75 List price $45.00Save $14.25
- $37.00 List price $50.00Save $13.00
- $27.04 List price $35.00Save $7.96
- $31.77 List price $45.00Save $13.23
- $28.59 List price $40.00Save $11.41
- $25.38 Was $27.65Save $2.27
- $21.72 List price $30.00Save $8.28
- $13.11 Was $17.44Save $4.33
- $28.64 Was $35.00Save $6.36
- $32.57 List price $45.00Save $12.43
- $32.45 List price $45.00Save $12.55
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A dazzling, heartbreaking page-turner destined for breakout status: a novel that gives voice to millions of Americans as it tells the story of the love between a Panamanian boy and a Mexican girl: teenagers living in an apartment block of immigrant families like their own.
After their daughter Maribel suffers a near-fatal accident, the Riveras leave Mexico and come to America. But upon settling at Redwood Apartments, a two-story cinderblock complex just off a highway in Delaware, they discover that Maribel's recovery-the piece of the American Dream on which they've pinned all their hopes-will not be easy. Every task seems to confront them with language, racial, and cultural obstacles. At Redwood also lives Mayor Toro, a high school sophomore whose family arrived from Panama fifteen years ago. Mayor sees in Maribel something others do not: that beyond her lovely face, and beneath the damage she's sustained, is a gentle, funny, and wise spirit. But as the two grow closer, violence casts a shadow over all their futures in America. Peopled with deeply sympathetic characters, this poignant yet unsentimental tale of young love tells a riveting story of unflinching honesty and humanity that offers a resonant new definition of what it means to be an American. An instant classic is born.
|Book Format:||Audio CD|
|Author:||Henriquez, Cristina , Rodriguez, Ozzie , Avila, Christine|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 6.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $17.67 List price $25.99Save $8.32
- $17.47 List price $27.95Save $10.48
- $8.31 List price $12.95Save $4.64
- $10.40 Was $11.30Save $0.90